22

"We don't even know what would go wrong," Hana sighed, biting the ice cream cone she's holding. "Either way, we don't know if something's going right."

Mark worriedly glanced at her and gazed back at the openly wide river. The bridge is slowly filled with lights, while the sky is turning dark, yet numerous people are still out and laughing.

For these moments, Mark would always imagine himself as a young adult with a normal life.

Where he'll rant about his day of school, drop on his bed as if there's no assignments to do, wake up late, and blame the alarm for not waking him up on time.

Or on weekends, where he will either set them as his hibernation days or spend crazy time with friends.

And honestly, it went on for two years. It came true for those years. But where is he right now?

He came back to who he used to be.

A hidden figure.

"What are we supposed to do, Mark?"

The male fully shifted to her, ice cream long gone on his tummy, yet hers was still in her grip.

"Should I stop?" her voice cracked at the last word. "I think I'm just selfish."

Mark sighed and pulled her to his hold. The sweet desert was discarded and ignored on the green grasses.

Hana cried and cried on his chest. His face was blank yet filled with sadness.

Mark is the type to not step down and carry on what he started, yet he didn't want to influence the girl, as it is dangerous.

It's dangerous.

He rested his chin on the crown of her head.

"I'll listen to your decision, Hana. I'll be with you either way." he whispered.

"No, I don't want to hurt you."

"You won't"

"Yeah, not with my own hands, but my decision to take down CiX will hurt you. They would torture you."

"No, they won't."

Hana whimpered and hit his chest, yet it was never painful.

"You don't know what they can do."

"Then..." Mark pursed his lips tight for a moment. "Do you want to stop?"

"No," she answered without hesitation. "I became who I am now because of them, right? Then I'll show them. Even if they're gone, I'll show them."

"Then is it really what you want?" He pulled away and cupped her cheeks, gently lifting it for her to face him.

"Baby, is that what you want?" he repeats.

"Yes..."

Mark smiled and wiped her tears. "Then I'll be with you."

"No"