𝔰𝔦𝔵- 𝔫𝔬𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔫𝔤'𝔰 𝔤𝔬𝔫𝔫𝔞 𝔥𝔲𝔯𝔱 𝔶𝔬𝔲 𝔟𝔞𝔟𝔶

DAMIEN'S POV

" Take a bite," Anthony gestures towards the brunette that laid unconscious on the couch. Blood dripped down, her neck bruised from all the bite marks. I felt my fangs pop out, my eyes burning red. Without a second thought, I grabbed the petite girl's body, sinking my teeth into her jugular. All I see is red.

That's the thing about my hunger. It's unquenchable, it's constant. No matter how much blood I have, it will never fulfill me. Anthony, my brother, was blessed with the gift of self control.

I grabbed her shoulders roughly, gripping her hair as I felt her pulse slow. " Okay, Damien. That's enough."

His words sounded like whispers and my hunger was screaming at me. I cant stop.

Anthony's grip on my shoulder caused me to detach my grip on her neck, seething up at him.

" Anthony, I am hungry. Shut the fuck up."

" Damien, they are on our trail. There's been one too many animal attacks in the last few months. You can't keep stacking up bodies."

I sighed, licking the blood off my lips before shrugging, carelessly tossing her body back, to which Anthony caught her.

" You're no fun."

Anthony rolled his eyes, as I made my way up to my room.

The dark walls reflected the moonlight on the river. I pulled out a bottle of aged rum and a crystal glass, downing a few. I sighed, running my hands through my dark locks.

Alcohol helped defer the cravings. Only a bit.

My mind drifted off to the little girl with the sweet eyes. The one I couldn't seem to keep my mind off of. Rose. Rosie. The little flower.

The first time I saw her, dainty and small, her oversized pink clothes hanging from her skin, her eyes light, cheeks flushed red...the innocence radiated off her.

It was like lust and hunger entwined, her heart beat driving my hunger off the edge. But then I heard her voice. It was soft and sweet, like an angel.

I didn't want to hurt her. Well that's a lie. I wanted to sink my teeth so deep into her small neck, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't touch a hair on her.

Now I wasn't following her this afternoon, not exactly. I happened to be downtown, finishing up an afternoon snack, some asshole college boy who hit his girlfriend. He won't be missed.

I smelt her scent. The thing about humans is their scents usually don't differ much. They tasted way better before the 1900s. Don't know what changed, they tasted so much better before all  the processed food and lifestyle changes. But the little Rose, she smelt like sugar spun cotton candy. Wouldn't doubt she tasted any less sweet.

When I smelt her scent, and heard her soft breaths coming from that coffee shop, I knew I had to see her.

I'm not sure why I felt this urge to check on her, make sure she's unharmed. See her bright green eyes. Damn...thinking about those innocent eyes makes me hungry.

When she told me about what happened to her, I made a mental note to find out who he was and kill him. Drain him of every drop of blood that resided in his body. I felt livid.

And her cries. She was too pure to experience that. Too pure to experience me. Probably should've not even came in the shop in the first place, but it was just something...

I don't usually slip up. The fact she saw my eyes flash red. The hunger and anger that ravished inside me...

She couldn't know. She wouldn't know. I cant have her. I'd corrupt her in more ways than one. But god damn I want her.