Happy.

tw: coming out, language, death, murder

"How did you come out to your family?" Emily asks. Her right arm is around my stomach and her fingers are laced in mine. Her hot breath hits my neck as she breathes, our bodies rest against each other in bed.

I think back on it. "I was 13, I had known for a couple years. I was like 11 when I knew I was attracted to girls."

"Young." She states.

I nod. "Mhm. I walked into the living room and they were sitting on the couch and I was just like 'im gay.' I remember my heart racing and I was terrified. A look of shock appeared on my parents face and they asked if I was serious. I told them I was and they asked if I was just doing it for attention. I was so upset and told them I wasn't and they said they loved me." I tell Emily.

"Awe, that's good." Emily responds.

I shake my head. "No theres more. For about a year there was nothing I could do to make them believe me. I wasn't allowed to date until 16 so it wasn't like that would be my way of proving I was a lesbian. Which I shouldn't of even had to prove. My brother believed me and had my back, but they always said how I was 'wrong' or that 'I just thought I was gay' and even 'you don't look gay'. It was so.. upsetting." I say to her.

Emily gives my hand a squeeze. "If you aren't gay then what was this?" She teases.

I smirk. "You're a dork."

She nods. "Yeah, but i'm your dork and you're like in love with me." She says cockily.

I release Emily's hand and turn my body to face her. I smile as I look at her face. "That I am." She smiles cheekily. "How did you come out?"

Her smile fades. "I was 18, I had just moved into my college dorm. My dad was never around, off with his mistress at the time. So I thought it would be easier to only come out to my mom."

"I'm so sorry babe." I say softly.

She smiles. "You haven't called me that since we got back together."

I smile back. "Yeah." I reply.

She moves her hand to hold mine once again and sighs. "So I gave my mom a call and told her I liked guys and girls. She told me I was going to have a hard life and should stick to only guys. I told her no and I went out and got a girl the next day."

I laugh. "That's my girl!"

She grins. "She was all upset and said it would ruin her political career and I didn't care. I was happy."

I smile. "You're such a baddie." I lean in and kiss her and she smiles into the kiss.

"I've missed you so much." Emily tells me.

I smile softly. "I love you."

She giggles and climbs on top of me. "I love you more." She peppers my face with kisses and I laugh. She pulls the covers over our heads and we both giggle.