Chapter 3 - Dream x Y/n

Five days after getting home

"No." Y/n monotoned, having enough of Dreams pleads.

They've known each other for quite some time considering Y/n started streaming the same time Tommy did. They met way before Tommy actually got the chance to even speak with Dream.

"Why not!?" Dream whines, his non-stop complaining giving Y/n a migraine as she thinks of how oblivious he was to her shit sleep schedule.

"Dream, for the last time. I have side jobs in real life, videos to edit and on top of all of that I stream on twitch. I barely have any time to write or make art anymore. No personal projects. Being on the Dream SMP will just add to the stress."

She was getting way too personal for her liking, the way Dream's tone shifts to something more considerate. "Why put up with the things that stress you out then?" He genuinely wants to know, seeing as her side jobs were most of her problems.

This hadn't been the first time Dream asked her to join. He checks in every once in a while to see if somehow Y/n had changed her mind.

But still, she's as busy as ever.

"It's not just side jobs. Just side hobbies that I don't wanna give up-"

"What are those side hobbies then?" He asks, raising a brow. "Just like- the job..." Y/n sighs as she finds her words, attempting to continue without a stammer. "The two... jobs are just fashion designing and editing for an author- the side hobbies are just dance classes and well you know.. my own personal projects. Art and writing and stuff." She mutters the last of her sentence so Dream can barely hear her.

Clearly, she's getting uncomfortable speaking about her personal life.

"The fuck is wrong with you- GO ON HIATUS ON YOUTUBE FOR A WHILE THATS WAY TOO MUCH..." Dream scolds. Just how many hobbies did this woman have and how much time did she have in a single day for them?

"For what? The DreamSMP?" Y/n says sarcastically, Dream can hear the eye roll through the call.

"If I'm being honest- yeah..."

Y/n scoffs, laughing to herself.

"Just for a day. It's more stress-relieving than you think."

"Buying me with your words, Dream?" She grins, resting her head on her desk as she plays with her ring in her lap. "Techno's on there." He says, quite literally trying to sell the server like an advertisement. He wasn't dumb, he's seen all of the clips on Twitter of their battles on Hypixel, the deep chemistry they had with one meeting...

"Oh my god..." Y/n breathes out, feeling baited. "THAT'S SUPPOSED TO TEMPT ME?" She spins in her chair, smiling stupidly as she thinks of the fact that it tempted her just a little.

"WELL, I DON'T KNOW YOU SEEMED TO TAKE A LIKING TO HIM ON TOMMY'S STREAM. EVEN I WAS JEALOUS. YOU CALLED HIM SIR AND I GET CALLED PISSBABY?" Dream's voice peaks and Y/n has to take her headphones off for a moment before whispering into her mic softly, reasoning with one of her best friends.

"You PISSED yourself." She scowls but on the other end is just a list of incoherent babbling.

"I'll join. But only for a day." She sighs, cheeks warming as she sees Techno's discord user pop up in her recent chats as he becomes active. A little bit of the reason was so she could acquaint herself a little more with him through easier alternatives...

"GREAT IM TWEETING ABOUT THIS, EVERYONE'S BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO JOIN." Dream is quick to end the call, interrupting any kind of protests from Y/n.

Of course by everyone he meant his fan base who pestered him every day to ask Y/n again over and over.