thestrals

this chapter was for one of my ongoing stories i have published, yet i don't have enough motivation to keep on writing that story, so i wanted to post this idea i had here.

pls comment and vote, because i don't know if y'all like it.

this is kinda sad shit. sorry.

but it has protective and soft draco.

I had Care of Magical Creatures first with the Gryffindors and the Slytherins. Their was only three Hufflepuffs in this class, and I was one of them.

I had always loved animals. When I found out about magical creatures, I was in fucking awe. Oh and when I found out that dragons and unicorns where real, let's just say I was fucking five years old again after I receive a barbie.

Hagrid started talking about how he had a surprise for us, some sort of magical creature that 'could blow your mind away'.

We walked through the forbidden forest, I was with the trio, we had been friends for 6 years, ever since the first day at Hogwarts.

Hagrid stopped suddenly. I looked behind him to see the creatures that pulled the carriages when going to Hogwarts.

"Their beautiful" I muttered

"What's beautiful?" Asked Ron

I looked at him in complete bafflement

"Over there" I pointed to the creatures

They where in a herd, they had horse features yet reptilian features to them. They had long necks, their faces dragonish with pure white eyes. They had a skeleton structure that was toned with their black tight coat, every bone being visible. Wide leathery wings that resembled a bats, absolutely breathtaking.

"Are you alright?" He asked, placing his hand on my forehead, acting as if I had a fever

I swatted his hand away

"I am completely fine Ronald, are you sure your alright?" I asked, mimicking his action

"So er who can ser them?" Asked Hagrid

I looked at other students who had confusion written all over their faces

I slowly put my hands up and so did Harry and Neville, yet no one else did

Everyone just stared at us

"I'm not fucking crazy, so stop looking at me like that. They are literally right there" I pointed to the herd that was near the lake

"Maybe you are, we can't see anything" said Pansy

Shut the fuck up. Dumb pug face fucking Parkinson

"Does eh anyone knowr why some can ser them and some cantr?" Asked Hagrid

No one said anything.

"Their Thestrals, er they're only visible to those who have, eh seen death" Hagrid said

What the actual fuck?

Everyone started to murmur around me, pointing and staring at Neville, Harry and I.

Ah shit.

I met eyes with Draco, his crystal blue eyes staring at me with curiosity and a sense of...pain? Why would he feel pain?

I felt nauseas, I tried not to think of what happened that day. Words can't describe it.

I was at the back of the group, I tried to keep distracted instead of thinking about my past. I looked behind me and saw a Thestral by itself near the lake. I calmly walked to the creature, while Hagrid was still talking. I reached my hand out calmly, waiting for the creature to nudge my hand with its face. After that, I spent sometime, patting its bone structures body, memorising every detail of its elegance.