diciassette.

"Do you want to dance with me later?" asked Horry, and I gulped another full glass of red wine

"Yes darling, we can dance." He clapped twice in easy acceptance, and I scrunched my nose.

"We should dance to my favourite song." He proposed.

"What's that?"

"Ah, now that you ask." I glanced sideways, and his brows were furrowed in a pronounced frown. "I am not actually sure. Let me show you what–"

"Horry," I interrupted, rising to my feet quickly. "Give me two seconds. I just need the bathroom."

Horry's frown deepened. "Bene, ma per favore, make sure you return in time for my dance."

I ground my jaw. "Stat." I murmured, whirling on my heels and stomping away from him.

He was driving me nuts!

Him and his mother. But Horry I could tolerate, he was just acting like a semi-obsessed college boy. Ines, on the other hand, was clearly out to get me.

It seemed to me that Clementine had decided to sell me as cheap as she possibly could, and the entire evening, Aunt Ines had been shooting me dirty looks and more often than not scoffing whenever she crossed paths with me.

At this point though, I didn't even give a shit.

Like promised, I had been able to keep away from Raffaele for the whole night thus far. Yes, he looked absolutely delicious, especially with his hair pushed back like that. But I couldn't fall into carnal desire.

Unlike me, Taya had already made out with Marcello in the garden shed, and evidently so, had broken off our entire deal for the evening by opting to spend the night with him.

I'll take the stand for the both of us.

On my way to the bathroom, I secretly grabbed hold of a wine bottle on the drinks table, taking it with me and waddling to the foyer. One swig, and I downed what remained in the bottle—not much anyway.

"Oi," I jumped, nearly tripping back on my heels. "You always surprise me when it comes to alcohol."

I looked at Raffaele. He was standing by the mirror, illuminated by the dim glow of the lamps overhead. Licking my lips, I angled my head to undress him with my eyes.

He'd taken his tie off, top two buttons undone, and wasn't wearing his blazer anymore. He looked so fucking fantastic in formal wear, and I was so unbelievably ready to throw myself at him.