Stairway to Home

I hate this world.

Why? You may ask as if I was some hater. I don't really know and I don't want to. Sometimes it's best for somethings to be unknown.

I hate this life.

I know exactly what I said sounded kind of emo, but I have my points. Life is what I hate and there's more than one reason why.

I hate useless ones.

Now there are strong ones and weak ones. I'm one of the strong ones and I hate useless ones who don't even know how to breathe.

I can take all day to list what I hate and yet it would not even be half of it. Oh.. I don't know when I started hating so many things.

Ever since I saw such inhuman scums and cowards, I've come to hate mostly everything.

But, there's one thing I love in this world.

Just one.

It's.

Stars.

Yup. I said it, Stars. I can't recall when I ever started loving stars, but Mom always told me stories. How stars are valuable to you.

Here's how it goes:

Long long ago, a god made a stairway to anywhere you desired to go to. It was said to let you go anywhere, but it comes with a price.

You have to give up one of your stars. Many people have lots of stars, but the lesser ones have one star. The god takes a star from you and you'll never get it back.

A star can be anything; however you will forget that star for it does not belong to you anymore. What's worse is that the lesser ones are left with nothing.

That's why there are so many stars up in the night sky. The god only let those of the lesser see the stairway but those with a lot are lucky to find one.

Mom only told me that much. I've grown attached to that story but I don't know how it ends. I always asked Mom but she just shook her head.

"A story never has an ending, you have to make it end for it to end.."

Is what she always told me.

I would tell this to Dad and he'd say I was crazy, like Mom.

He'd yell at me, "Inric! Why do you listen to such a crazy woman?! If it wasn't for me, she had probably killed ya already!"

I always glared at him when he use such vulgar words to me. Especially when he spoke ill about Mom. He never knew why I liked Mom so much.

He never stuck around to find out.

But, that's just how it is. Being sacrificed for another person, you'll feel as if you're not even real. Because that's what I feel.

Someone leaving you. It hurts.

Someone trying to kill you. It hurts.

Someone pitying you. It hurts.

It all hurts. Not in my head, not anywhere. So many things bundle inside, but it doesn't hurt more than outside.

I sometimes wished, I had a star. So I can climb a stairway to my house again.

Instead.. I was stuck being a star.

--

Next part: Trust Me (Enya's POV)