chapter 36

"That Time Stone guy.." Nat asked the two scientists in the room.

"Doctor Strange." Bruce corrected her.

"Yeah, what kind of doctor was he?"

"Ear-nose-throat meets rabbit from a hat." Tony answered, though he really sounded less into this idea by the minute.

"Nice place in the village, though." Bruce exclaimed.

"Yeah. Sullivan Street." Tony rolled over to now face the wall as Ava sat up from her makeshift den to squint at the light.

"Wait, he lived in New York?" She asked Tony who shuffled around to look at her.

"No. He lived in Toronto. Were you even paying attention?" He told her sarcastically.

"Guys, if you pick the right year, there are three stones in New York." Ava shared her thoughts with the group causing both Nat and Bruce to sit up and look at her.

"Shut the front door." Bruce responded, making Ava smile.

***

The holograms changed on screen to display the different locations where the stones could be found. The Soul and Power Stones in space in 2014. The Reality Stone in Asgard, 2013 and the Space, Mind, and Time Stones in New York City, 2012.

"All right. We have a plan. Six Stones, three teams. One shot." Steve prepared everyone as they looked ahead. This was really happening.

Ava was stepping back into her old agent ways and had decided to come along on this 'heist'. It needed as much help as it could possibly get. Herself, Nat and Clint were put in a team to get the Soul stone from Vormir.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends.. We lost family.. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win." Steve gave one of his usual pep talks as Ava and Nat checked over each other's suits.

"You ready for this?" Nat asked the smaller girl.

"More than anything." Ava whispered back as she quickly pulled Nat in for a hug.

"Good, cause us as a duo needed to have a reunion at some point." Nat smiled as they stood next to one another, getting ready for departure.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony called out as everyone took a step back to be standing in a circle.

"Tractors engaged."

"See you in a minute, Steven." Ava smirked excitably at Steve who returned a warm smile.

Everyone shrunk down quickly and the unfamiliar feeling of falling made Ava queasy as she regained her sense of direction. Landing on Morag, she watched as Rhodey directed a smaller ship onto the ground.

"Guys, chop-chop. Come on. We're on a clock." Nat called out making Rhodey spin to meet her with a frown.

"All that, is really helpful." He told her making Ava and Nat smirk to one another.

"Take that stone and come back. No messing around." Rhodey whispered softly to Ava as they said their goodbyes.

"Everyone here is kinda a pro, I don't think we're going to have issues." Ava patted Rhodey's arm before starting to walk back up and into the ship. "Death ball, here we come." Ava joked making Nat laugh as Clint joined them on board.