The crowds are bustling in the busy streets of Gangnam, completely aware of the rain that's to come. No matter how hard she pushed through the crowds, she always ended up coming back to the same position.

"Excuse me," her soft honey filled voice called out to the people crowding outside the famous coffee house. Once she managed to enter her workplace, she was welcomed by her manager who tapped his index finger at his watch with a raised eyebrow.

"You're late Mirae. By fifteen minutes."

Mirae looked at him apologetically and bowed twice rushing to change into her work attire: The special T-Shirt and the red cap.

She rushed to the counter where she's supposed to jot down the orders by the customers and prepare the beverages professionally with no errors.

"Welcome Ma'am, What would you like to order on such a fine and lovely day?"
Mirae glances at the sky which keeps growing darker as seconds pass by.

The thunder rustles in the background and the sky starts pouring it's emotions.
Ever wondered what made the sky so blue once it gets darker, it cries?

Was it its regrets in the past?

Was it its worries about the future?

"A lovely day indeed. I wanted to drink the famous Caramel Macchiato but since it's pouring outside, I'd like to have iced coffee please."

Mirae smiled lightly at the desire of the customer to drink iced coffee and replied a slight 'yes' and continued with her preparation.

The pouring died down after an hour and the business of the crowd increased in volume.

She was indeed a person with a hard-working soul who was determined to do absolutely anything to win the lottery of happiness. She was.

As earth kept rotating around it's axis, her world of happiness came to put an end to it's own revolution around her universe.

But why? What was the reason?
How does one's happiness die all of a sudden without a warning?

Was she worthy of forgiveness after what she did moons ago?

Was she worthy of love because of the sins she did in the past?

The jingly bell rang indicating the arrival  of another customer. She looks at her watch to realise that it's time to close the shop.

"I'm really sorry sir, but it's time we clean up and close the shop..." she spoke politely bowing and not looking up.

"Please, no other places are open at this hour and it's kind of urgent..." She looked up to see a man in about his forty's looking at her expectantly.

She sighed and nodded with a smile getting ready to take his order.

"I'd like to order six Americanos and one hot chocolate. Also these cupcakes, all of them..." She widened her eyes and nodded beginning to prepare the beverages and cupcakes.

She handed him all the seven drinks and cupcakes and bowed while smiling.
"Thank you for visiting. Be sure to visit more in the future..."

"Of course, we always order drinks from here. My boys love them..." He left with a small glimpse of gratitude shimmering in his eyes.

She sighed and began to put an end to today's exhausting day by completing cleaning. She changed from her uniform and closed the shop for the day.

Entering the nearest pharmacy, she gave a small piece of paper to the pharmacist to which the pharmacist nodded hesitantly and began searching through the shelves. On getting the pills she asked for, she paid the bill and went on to go to her studio apartment.

What is the purpose of her life?

Is this the way a person's supposed to live?

Whatever she's doing, is it right?

She opened up the bottle of pills, taking a few in her palm and putting those into her mouth them later being pushed down by a glass of water.

Is overdosing herself in pills the solution?

Is she even relevant to any people in the world?

Does anyone appreciate her breathing the same air as them?

She tried switching on her phone after what seemed like two years, to which she failed miserably. Right. Not even one person is going to send her a simple word as 'hi'  as a message.

After all, she's irrelevant.

T.B.C

Any theories?

I'm still a rookie when it comes to writing so I hope you understand
But I hope you'll like it💜
If you did like it please make the little star at the bottom of the page shine🌟

Updates will be irregular👀