The practice room was filled with sweaty odour that satisfied the boys even more after a period of heavy practice.
"Hyung, you did so well! I'm so proud of you!" exclaimed the young man named Hoseok to the oldest member.

"If it wasn't for your motivation I wouldn't have done it, you know I'm not good at dancing," the oldest spoke inaudibly with a twinge if insecurity in his voice.

"Hey! Don't say that! You're one of the best dancers in the business..." Leader of the group scolded the oldest member while giving him the tightest hug. Rest of the members joined the hug, and they all ended up falling asleep in a tangled position for almost an hour.

•••

The Sun started travelling to the other side of the world bidding farewell to this side. The moon was on it's way to watch out.

The clock showed 7:30 and people started to leave one by one. Just then, A man in about his fourties greeted the young lady taking orders. It's the same man as the other day.

"Excuse me, will you give me six caramel macchiatos and one hot chocolate..."

"Yes sir," she wrote it down "Anything else?"

"No, that'll be all..." he smiled to which she returned the smile and started preparing. After a while she handed the drinks to which he paid and left just like the other day.

Right. Everyday is the same day. Nothing new. Nothing old. Just repetition.

She stared at her cellphone and decided that maybe she should try contacting her parents.

On a second thought, No, they won't pick up, after all they're the ones who abandoned her.

It's been two years since she stopped socializing with other people. She only opened her mouth unless it's work related.

She's been drowning herself in plethora of thoughts which eventually lead to her overdosing herself.

Don't. Overthink. Mirae.

Just like how her name meant 'future', she had countless negative thoughts flooding in her head about it.

What exactly happened to her?

No no no! She doesn't want to look back at her disgusting, embarrassing and regretful past ever again.

Why live when none is benefited by you anyways?

She had brought nothing but pain to everyone around her.

She closed the shop and began walking towards her apartment.

She doesn't have the energy to even look up right now.

Once she reached the apartment, she jumped on her not-so-comfy bed as she felt completely worn out.

Why?

She tried to end herself but why does she never die?

She always hoped to put an end to her cyclic life which had nothing but depression, pain, regrets and suicidal thoughts.

She got startled when her cellphone which never rang produced a sound.
Who could that be who's willing to talk to Mirae after what she did?

She sighed and checked her phone to realise that it's an anonymous number.

No! She doesn't want to take risk by attending that call. Especially, if it was someone associated with her past!

She regrets it! She regrets everything she did for attention!

But what if it's important? It could be her boss for all she could know.

Out of curiosity, she pressed the accept button and stayed quiet for a few seconds.

"Hello?" someone voiced out to which she replied with a slight 'yes?'

"Is this Haneul café?"

'Why would someone who want to call the café call me? Especially to the phone she doesn't use much' she thought.

"No it's not, but I work there. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get this number?"

'Who's this man calling me at this time?' she thought.

"Oh, I got it from your boss. I'm Bang Si Hyuk if you're wondering."

'Who's this Bang Si Hyuk? Do I know him?'

"Oh yes sir. Sorry if I came out to be rude. I honestly don't use this number much which is why getting a call got me kind of  taken aback. I'm sorry..."

"Oh don't worry. I called you to ask if you're willing to work at the café in our company building..."

"I-I'm sorry sir, it'd be nice if you could make things a bit clear. Not to be rude again but I don't know which company you're talking about..."

The man on the other side of the phone chuckled "It's completely fine. I'm the CEO of Bighit entertainment if you don't know and I've visited the café many times before. We ensure that our artists recieve the best at everything. It came to my attention that the staff were not doing their jobs appropriately so I had to take action. And you caught my attention because Na- all the coffee from your café tasted better whenever you prepared it and as I told you my boys loved it. So if you're willing to accept our proposal, it's always open..."

It sounded like he was a bit drunk because he mixed both formal and informal together which was a bit....weird.

"Thank you for the offer but I'd like to decline. I'm sorry..." She replied and hung up the call not giving the person at the other side of the phone a chance to speak.

Why work and earn money when you're just willing to end life?

Whoever that person is, she doesn't regret declining. But deep down she felt like this was her chance.

Her chance to escape.

Her chance to live life again.

T.B.C

Damn! Who hurt her? What do you think is wrong with her that she can't help but regret everything she did?

Thank you for reading till here and like I told you, I welcome all criticisms except hate towards my work 💜

See y'all soon hopefully 😊