chapter 2

(Here's a song to set the mood)

Whenever I baked we would always hang out in my room after usually reading studying or just talking. I would sit on my windowsill and him on the bed dropping crumbs of whatever I had made that day. He was always intrigued why I liked setting on my windowsill. He said it's not like I have a great view of a city or something. But I just enjoyed it, I told him. But after the time he saw it was because I would see the bright moon from my window. We always studied and ate cookies while doing homework or something I baked or just set on my widow reading will on his part if you counted reading spider man marvel comics. He refused to read something like the book thief even for school. I had to do it for him. Whenever he heard I was baking he would come over as soon as possible even when I would bake at 3 in the morning for no reason. He just loved an excuse to get away from home. Which no one cared about surprisingly at first they hated that we were loud but after that, they just got used to it.

My uncle always had an adventure, he would tell us all sorts of stories. Until he got to the one about the woods behind the house. He said a couple of years ago that he and my uncle will go back there to chop some trees. They heard growling and branch breaking and he said it could not be dear because they don't growl. He told us that he and my uncle Diego sprinted back to the house after they heard the steps getting closer to the house. He then went on to the following day when he was looking out the same window I am looking out right now that he saw a bear walk by. After that I refused to go back there he would always try but I would always refuse. He would tell me nothing would happen that the sun is there he would be there with me. He said I would have him and the sun all we needed. But now I stand here looking at the woods as I hear the cars drive by to my right wondering if I would have gone back there with him would that make him stay. If I did, would he be with me right now eating brownies? Then I was snapped out of my train of thoughts when I heard shouting. It was my mom calling me for dinner but I did not want to eat. So I stayed looking out the window.

He never liked talking about his family. He would always try to change the topic but I knew something was going on. I saw the bruise marks on his body when he would lift his shirt. He would always say it was from boxing or him and his friends messing around but one he was a really good boxer, two he did not hang around his friends much and three I could always tell when he is lying. I also knew something was up when he would ask me to cover up all the bruises with makeup on his abs neck hands. He did always ask me to cover them up especially when he got them from a boxing match he won he said it made him feel like he earned them the small price for a win which I found odd. I tried not to talk or ask him much about it because I saw how tense he would get.

Until one day when all the pieces came together, his family appeared to be perfect with the stay-at-home mum and working dad but when I was approaching his front deck I heard shouting screaming to which sound to be his dad. I heard something hard hit the floor and I heard cries of what sounded to be his mum and her yelling stop. I stood there frozen for a minute or two processing everything tells I could not bear to hear anymore. So I quickly left and thoughts of him getting hurt fooled my mind I was worried about him being there, so when I got home I told him I was baking so he would come over. When he reached I asked him about how his family was doing to which he got nervous and I did not want him to feel bad so I just dropped it and decided to distract him with baking. At that time I knew two things: one that his father was abusing them which I got from just by placing everything together and two how much I cared for him, how worried I felt for him, and how much I loved him as more than a friend.

( Im trying to get the whole story out by tonight)