Seven

Link's POV

     Sidon's enigmatic grin greeted me at the entrance of the Domain. I must say, it was a beautiful place. The glowing blue stone hammered intricately into place, the twisting fish perched at the top, the dark sky of the torrents of rain making it stand out even more, the elegance and beauty of this town was unbelievable. 

     He congratulated me on making it this far, and I admit, it was quite something for me to have survived this ordeal. He asked me to speak to the King, in order to get a better understanding of what exactly was going on.

     Vah Ruta's endless water supply was making the water level of the East Reservoir Lake rise to an almost breaking point. If its rampage was allowed to go on, the water would spill over and submerge everything, and everyone. It was crucial for me to tame this Divine Beast before all was lost.

     The King bestowed upon me a piece of armor that was apparently made by the Champion of Water, Mipha, herself. It was made with such care, every detail lovingly crafted, every scale shimmering. It fit me perfectly.

     Wait... It fit me perfectly. A trickle of cold water that had nothing to do with the rainfall crept down my spine. 

     This armor was made by each generation of Zora princess for the one they hoped to marry. And it fit me perfectly.

     What if... No, it couldn't be. But why not?

     One of the King's advisors, Muzu, protested against the armor being given to me, but I could hardly hear him, so lost in my horror-struck mind, filled with questions and answers I didn't want to imagine. And the next thing I knew, Muzu had stomped off towards the statue of the lost Champion and Sidon had hurried after him.

     Dreamlike, I trailed them, feeling the King's watchful gaze burning on my back.

     Apparently, Muzu had figured out how to get enough shock arrows to enable me to board Ruta. When I found them, the advisor and the prince were still bickering, quieting as I neared.

     "I've got nothing to say to you." Muzu snapped. 

     I needed to board Ruta. But I did not want to touch the Zora armor that had been so fastidiously made for me. However, it would seem that I had no choice. I pulled the surprisingly light clothes on, turning away to peel off my soaking wet Hylian tunic. When I faced them again, I could see Muzu's eyes widen.

     "You see?" Sidon's tones were exasperated. "Proof! This is the Hylian for whom my sister had once had feelings for!"

(A/N: This dialogue, and most of the later in-game conversations, was slightly altered because I was too lazy to go search it up :P)

     I turned towards the luminous statue of the Zora girl, smiling softly at the horizon, embracing a trident. Mipha, was she? Did she really love me once?

     Something tugged at the edge of my mind, like a living thing struggling to escape its chains. I looked down, frowning. And then, suddenly, something burst into the open behind my eyes and I gasped lightly.

     Mipha... I remembered. A fragment. A few moments. Barely enough. She was healing my wounds. She had looked at me with so much affection it was almost painful. That aching hope in her voice as she tentatively suggested that we should spend more time together...

     She had loved me. At least, who I was before this whole thing happened. 

     I felt nothing for her.