Trying to Get Back Into Writing

(This is a one (maybe two) shot that I have been writing in an attempt to get rid of my writers block over the past few days. The Subjects are beings that have been around for a long time and are "birthed" from the Earth.  All of them are loyal and bound to a nation of their choosing, and they posses a lot of strength. A majority of them are just friends, a couple are friendly rivals, a few have familial bonds and two of them are dating. This chapter is about those two - Vlad, a 6'5 Russian (western third of Russia) who is pretty stone faced and doesn't talk much or express emotions. He's pretty chill but can put you through hell. Vanya, a 5'4 Russian (eastern third of Russia) who is rather closed off but relaxed. He can pummel someone though.)

This takes place in an alternate reality of the actual story. People use swords, guns, crossbows, bows, and maybe cannons, in war. I don't know why, just accept it for this battle. This is basically like a semi-modern 14-19th century war.

The Antidote (XXX): A chemical that was specifically created to kill or neutralize a Subject. It attacks their nervous system, organs, and various other systems. It ends with the brain or heart, usually the heart since it pumps the chemical around. A small dose is enough to take them down enough for capture/restraint, a bigger dose could lead to unconsciousness or a coma, and a full dose is lethal. There is no way to undo the effect.

Death: When a Subject dies, there is a chance to potentially revive them. You take the body and burn it where they were created (leads to sections of the world being closed from the public so they could return in peace. It's also a comfortable spot for many to relax in) and let their life essence return to Mother Earth. She will decide whether or not to bring the Subject back, She usually decides not to for actually good reasons that will show themselves eventually. The limit is 15 yrs with an average of 1-2 months. When they are spawned from Earth, they are completely nude and take about an hour to "start-up." They refer to Death as He, Him, His in place of His name.

Autopilot: When a Subject gives up or loses control of their body, either unable to handle reality or too focused on something to think. Instinct takes over and they move without thinking. They're attacking or avoiding anything, regardless of whether or not they are a friend. There have been times where they "go under" and come back to a room of corpses, some of which were friends.

Mother Earth: Often referred to by pronouns instead of by name. Seen as a sort of mother, but the Subjects aren't related. She is loved despite "taking Subjects away."

Bronde: brown and blonde.

Stationed in his set position, Vlad was ready for possible war. A large group of humans had established a union with the organization the Subjects loyally served under. It was nice having new people who seemed to share the same passion as you. It was nice up until their once allies decided to betray them and tore down a facility which led to the deaths of dozens. Dozens of their friends are all gone because of a little obsession with power, something that has corrupted and killed thousands of mortals. It was nothing new, all Subjects have seen and experienced it, but it was still disappointing to see again. The only thing that a small voice in the back of his mind worried about was the rumors of a few XXX vials going missing during the destruction of the facility.

Vlad was the only Subject on the southern border of the field as he could very well handle a fifteenth of this first wave with the assistance of a platoon of humans. His friends and "co-workers" were in their own locations, half of them closer to the center where one of them would attempt to reach peace with the mortals. Though the Subjects could cause great damage to humanity as a whole with only a single weapon having the ability to dissolve them, they did enjoy maintaining peace. It led to better memories and more time to enjoy their long lives. Even the field they were currently in held memories of when the AB subjects had gotten together years ago to camp in a remote location in Russia.