lucky 💚☀️

Genre: fluff
Pairing: Eren x reader
Words: ~900
Warning: none

Author's Note: basically, eren gets sick and you take care of him. enjoyyy :)

"You know this is your own fault, right?" You laughed, pressing a cold cloth to his forehead

"You know this is your own fault, right?" You laughed, pressing a cold cloth to his forehead. You were no doctor, but you knew it would be somewhat effective at treating Eren's fever. At least, that's what the Internet said.

He flinched a little when the damp towel made contact with his skin, giving you a pout, "and just how is it my fault that I got sick?"

You leaned back, looking down at his flushed face, from the temperature of his sickness.

"You refused to wear a proper jacket when it was snowing last week," you stated, letting your hands fall to cup the sides of your boyfriend's face, "You know you can't go out in the winter with just a sweater."

"Yes, I can! I told you, I don't get cold," he scowled a little, and you smiled at his idiotic attempt to sound tough.

This happened every time. Despite being a grown man, he could act like such a baby most of the time.

His hand moved to your thigh, stroking small circles with his thumb. You relaxed into his touch, letting out a soft sigh. Even with such a simple touch, he had your heart melting. You supposed that was just Eren's natural charm, always having you wrapped around his finger.

"If you're going to make me stay here all day, you'll at least stay with me, right?" He looked up at you with those familiar bright eyes.

It was true that you had forced him to stay in bed. Being the stubborn shit he was, he insisted on attending his classes today, which you outright refused. You told him that by going to school he would not only worsen his condition but also put all of his classmates at risk of illness along with him. He reluctantly decided to listen to you, after a long disagreement.

"I'll stay for now," you gave him a soft smile, bringing your hand to his soft brown locks, "only because I love you."

"I love you too," he flashed you a lazy smile back, intertwining his fingers with yours, "so much."

You leaned down and pressed a light kiss to his cheek, feeling the flush heat of his skin against your lips. Whether his face was hot from his illness or his blushing, Eren couldn't tell.

"Can I do anything for you? Would you like tea or soup?" You asked in a sweet voice that made his heart swell.

His own girlfriend... the most beautiful girl in the world, staying at his bedside and taking care of him at his weakest. What more could one ask for? He truly lucked out on you.

With a sigh, he finally decided to speak, his voice a little shaky with uncertainty, "Could you... maybe get me some painkillers?"

He hated asking you for things. He always wanted to rely on himself, and himself only. But you wanted to be someone Eren could lean on, someone he could ask for help when he needed it. And with time, you hoped you could aid him to see that.

You retrieved two Tylenol tablets from the bathroom cupboard and returned back into the room with a glass of water. He let out a weak 'thank you' and sat up, groaning as his stiff body rose off the bed.

He gulped down the pills and wiped the corners of his mouth after he was done, glancing up to look at you.

"Anything else?"

"Come here," he patted the spot next to him on the bed, looking at you with pleading eyes, "I wanna hold you."

"But I'll get sick-"

"I'll take care of you," he insisted, "please?"

You couldn't say no to him. Not when he gave you that adorable face he knew you couldn't resist. So, you crawled into bed next to him, snuggling against his body that was radiating like a heater.

He pulled you tightly against his chest and ran his hands down your back. He drew mindless patterns into your skin with the pad of his finger, feeling you shiver under his touch.

So lucky, he thought.

A few moments like this passed by, and he decided to break the silence.

"Babe..."

You tilted your head up to look at him, "hmm?"

"I want to kiss you," he said, hands moving to the smalls of your back, "Is that... okay?"

You wanted to kiss him too, and even though deep down you knew you'd end up with the same fever next week, you didn't really mind. Not if it meant another lazy afternoon cuddling in bed with Eren instead of attending another tiring lecture.

"Yes," you breathed.

Softly, he leaned down, letting his lips lightly brush over yours, the heat of his body overwhelming all of your senses. It was only an innocent peck, but it made your heart flutter more than any other kisses you've shared with him prior.

When he pulled away and stared down at you with those lovesick eyes, you knew you'd fallen hard. Harder than you'd ever imagined.

"What did I do to deserve you?" you breathed, letting your hands lay flat against his chest.

He nearly laughed at the statement. If he was being honest, you deserved so much better than what he felt he had to offer. With a final kiss to your forehead, he pulled you back against his chest, sighing deeply at the feeling of your flushed body against his.

"I think I should be the one asking that," he muttered softly, "I'm the luckiest guy in the world."