home is with you 💚☀️

Words: 1.4k
Pairing: Levi x reader
Genre: domestic fluff

Warnings: swearing, corona-virus au? pandemic au? idk how to say it. I cant believe it's a thing.

A/n: my first ever levi fic. feels a little ooc to me buuuut i tried my best. hope you guys like!

Levi hadn't even noticed the soft drumming of gentle raindrops against the windows of your shared apartment

Levi hadn't even noticed the soft drumming of gentle raindrops against the windows of your shared apartment. He had been too focused on his overdue work, sorting through files and papers and typing impatiently at his laptop.

He would be lying if he said he wasn't restless by now. Working from home made him uneasy- and it was something he still hadn't grown accustomed to since the start of this pandemic. Perhaps it was the fact that his career had now invaded his home life. His living room and his couch used to be a place where he could unwind, but now, it was just another office.

It pissed him off, but he supposed it was better staying here, rather than catching some god-awful virus. He felt queasy at just the thought.

A few more moments when by as he frantically typed, the pads of his fingers fast against the keys. All he wanted to do was get this shit done. He just wanted the work done, throw the shitty laptop aside and make a nice cup of tea before-

"I'm home!" the sudden slamming of the front door was heard, and instantly, he was pulled out of his focus. T

he sound of a downpour outside hit his ears, and when he turned to look over at the front entrance hallway, he looked in horror to see you standing there, completely soaked from head to toe.

Your clothing clung to your body, and his eyes trailed down to notice the way the moisture dripped onto the hardwood flooring. Freshly mopped flooring, at that- which was now ruined by dirty water.

His eye twitched at the sight, and you ripped your mask from your mouth, "Hey, you're done work? That's good because-"

"Why the hell did you go outside?"

Your smile dropped. His eyes snapped down to your hands, which held a small grocery bag. So you went to the store?

"And why didn't you bring an umbrella? I just cleaned the floors- fuck," he groaned, shoving his laptop to the side.

You were about to open your mouth, but you didn't have enough time as he dashed to the bathroom, grabbing a fresh towel. Walking back towards your form, he kept a good six foot distance, throwing the towel at you.

"Dry yourself off... and go shower. I'll take care of this mess," he sighed.

You set down your grocery bag, and gave a slight nod. Muttering a small "sorry", you made your way over to the bathroom, and Levi cringed at the trail of muddy footprints left behind.

He padded over to the closet of cleaning supplies, and grabbed a mop along with some rubber gloves. He slowly picked up your bag and placed them onto the nearest kitchen counter. With the sound of the shower humming in the background, he got to work on the floors, cleaning them swiftly and thoroughly, just like he always did.

He felt bad. He didn't want to be stern, or make it seem like he was scolding you. After all, you were his girlfriend, and he knew you had a tendency to be a little more clumsy than himself- aka going out into a rainstorm without an umbrella. But still, he couldn't understand why you had gone out in the first place.

There was a reason he ordered groceries to be delivered every week- it was so neither of you would leave the house to put each other at risk. So why? Why did you go out? He eyed the bag on the counter, before sighing, setting the mop aside.

He finished up the hallway, and put the cleaning supplies away. It was when he walked into the kitchen that he heard the water from the bathroom shut offed by the opening of the curtains. He rubbed his temples, walking over to the stove where his tea kettle sat, filling it up to the right amount of water and letting it boil.

He leaned against the counter, arms crossed over his chest, when he heard the silent pads of your feet enter the kitchen. Then, after a few moments, looked up, seeing you wrapped up in one of his sweaters, along with a pair of sweatpants. Your arms were wrapped around yourself, and you looked up at him with those familiar doe eyes- the ones that made him weak.

"I'm sorry for making a mess," you said quietly, "and I'm sorry for leaving the house, but I-"

He was about to speak, when the kettle went off, a loud whistling interrupting the silence in the room. He went to the nearest cabinet, reaching for the box of black tea at the back where he always kept it.

It was his favourite tea, the only one that could relieve the stress of work or his life. He found himself drinking it multiple times per day, but honestly, with all the pandemic bullshit, black tea was probably running through his bloodstream. He went to open the tin, except, when he peeked inside, he was horrified to find it empty- completely empty.

Shit. Had he really gone through a whole box of tea in less than a week?

"Levi," you laughed, and he slowly watched as you unravelled the grocery bag from the counter.

He averted his gaze to your hands, watching you pulled out a brand new box of the exact same brand of black tea, and his eyes widening in realization.

"You stress drink this stuff. You finished the last of it this morning. I knew you would be grumpy after work, so I went out to buy more."

You pulled two bags of tea from the box and walked towards the stove, placing them in mugs. You poured in the boiling water, and waited for it to steep. His eyes glazed over in regret. He knew in that instant that he had fucked up- and so he did the first thing that came to mind. You jumped when you felt a pair of arms wrap around your center, and he pulled his chest close to your back, chin rested on your shoulder.

"You did all that for me?" he asked, still in awe that you had been so considerate. Even he didn't notice that he ran out of tea, so to think that a person as absent-minded as you thought to do such a thing filled his heart with content.

"Of course I did," you craned your neck to face him.

He placed a feather-like kiss at the side of your cheek, and you felt your face burn up at the feeling. His warmth engulfing your body spread a feeling of comfort through your veins. He wasn't always one to show affection through physical touch, but whenever he did, you knew you'd done something he was grateful for. That was the thing with him, you could always tell what he meant through his actions. Maybe that's why you two meshed so well, despite being opposites.

"And I even looked up how to make it. Two minutes to steep- any longer will make it taste bitter," you grabbed both mugs and turned around to give him his, letting the hot ceramic warm your freezing hands. You blew onto the steam, before taking a sip, "Hey, it's actually not that bad!"

You took another gulp, and he looked a while at his own before he took a sip. It tasted horrible- at least in his opinion. He was picky about the way he made his tea, and so he didn't expect anything different. But although it left a feeling of distaste on his tongue, it was still better than any other tea he's ever had. Simply because it had been prepared by you.

"Well? What do you think?" You questioned, meeting his gaze through your lashes.

"It's amazing," he half-smiled, bringing one hand to caress your cheek, "thank you."

Ever since his career had invaded his living space, he'd felt trapped in a constant loop of work stress. But in this moment with you, he was reminded once again that this was his home.