3 | "Katherine"

Recap: "I'm sorry. I know it's hard seeing him again but making up is the best thing you can do. I'm here if you ever need to talk with someone."

"Thanks. I'll see you later, Amelia."

"Goodbye, Damon."

________________________________

The next morning, I decided I was gonna go to school like any other day and try not to get in between Stefan and Damon. The only way to do that is to avoid Stefan as much as possib-- OH NO! Dammit. I am in the parking lot getting out of my car and I see Stefan walking towards me.

"Hey... Amelia"

"Hey"

"I want to apologize for yesterday. It got way out of hand. I shouldn't have attacked Damon."

"He's trying his hardest to make up with you. Just let him."

"I can't. He hurt me more than anyone ever. I can't just forgive and forget."

"No, you shouldn't have to. But you at least have to give him a chance. He has been chasing the same girl for over 145 years and he finds out she never wanted to be with him."

Stefan stayed quiet for a moment thinking about what I just said.

I cleared my throat. "Can we just talk about this later? Maybe at my house? I'm late for class."

Stefan said, "Ya. Sure."

I could see the sad expression arise over his face as I walked away.

Later...

Stefan and I decided to meet up at my house after school to talk about this Damon situation. He came over and I welcomed him in. We went up to my room since Jeremy was downstairs playing X Box. We walked in and sat on the end of my bed.

I said, "Stefan..."

no response

"Hey," I put my hand on his shoulder. "It's ok the talk about it."

He quietly said, "okay" and looked up.

"In 1864, I met Katherine Pierce for the first time when she arrived in a carriage with her maid and witch, Emily Bennett. My father, Giuseppe Salvatore, had offered Katherine to stay with us as she had supposedly lost her family in a fire. We had all gotten to know her pretty well. Especialy Damon and I. She played us. The town ended up finding out she was a vampire. And before she "died" she turned us. I originally believed that being a vampire could be the best thing to ever happen to me. Damon thought the opposite. I had ended up feeding and completing the transition but Damon refused to because he didn't want to become a monster. I convinced him to transition so we could be brothers "together forever". He then promised me a lifetime of misery for making him this way. I had thought that Katherine compelled me to love her but really, I was in love with her. She said she never loved Damon and it was only me she ever loved. Damon fell for her and once he found out it was all a lie... he turned it off."

"Turned it off?"

"His emotions. Everything that made him human. He killed thousands of people and their families. I hadn't seen him for many years until yesterday. He was there and I freaked... I'm sorry for what I did Amelia. Please forgive me."

"Of course I forgive you. I know you think Damon is a bad person... but I need you to give him another chance. Please."

"I'll try."

"Thank you."

________________________________

And that's a wrap on chapter 3!! The history behind it all. Give me ideas for chapter 4!! Thanks for reading!!