奇怪的 : Strange

(Why am I suddenly here?)

Enthralled shouts, jovial screams, and bright eyes surrounded your being. Leaning on the farthest wall, your back against the cool texture, you allowed yourself to absorb the world around you. As if the noises that filled your ears could seep through your skin as your eyes held an undying glimmer, a forged hope for the forgotten childish foolishness.

Your summer-trapped hues were on the court, just like anyone inside the gymnasium. You bit on your bottom lip in witheld excitement, tearing the flesh whilst ignoring the sharp but brief pain you inflicted on yourself. It was a painful habit by now. The individuals on the court moved swiftly, running around as they desperately tried to reach the ball from hitting the floor, forearms burning a faint red from all the receives they performed.

You weren't always someone who was interested in sports. At first, you thought it was boring and didn't understand why people wasted their money on such trivial things but you actually became quite amused by it at some point in your childhood. From how loud the crowd was, you could barely even hear yourself but the adrenaline rush you got from the audience was a thrilling experience, enough to make you ignore the slight ringing of your ears.

You continued to watch the game, orbs following the movements of the players before your phone vibrated inside your jacket's pockets. Sighing through your nose, you fished out the buzzing device as you swiftly turned around to head towards the exit. Pressing the 'answer' button with your thumb, you held the phone up to your ear as your feet scrambled to get you away from the ear-splitting gymnasium.

Bumping against someone while in your hurry, you quickly spitted out a rushed apology to the man before turning back around, not even wasting another second as you answered the call.

"Hey, mom."

You replied, greeting her casually as you stared at the shoes you had worn that night. Your parents had agreed to let you see the game only if you went home 30 minutes before the game actually ended, given you needed to go shop for your school supplies tomorrow which you were looking forward to, somewhat. You always loved shopping for stationary items even though you barely used them.