返回 : Return

(You should've exercised more)

You needed to calm down, you knew that you did but your chest couldn't help but heave rapidly. No rhythm was in your panic, perhaps that was the bare essence of what chaos was, as you stumbled your way towards the living room. Your parents weren't home right now because they needed to go shop for some groceries or something else that you couldn't clearly remember.

Swiveling your head, cellphone in hand, you rushed to go outside, nearly slamming the door open and ripping the creaking hinges from their place. You had only messily worn your inside slippers which you regretted but your mind wasn't clear right now. Everything was bleary, your eyes stung from the tears you refused to shed -- you didn't want to lose them.

Not them, not now.

You rushed towards Kenma's home first, hoping that you'd get to see the new sight of his dyed blonde locks that made him look like your favourite pudding. It was lightly raining and you slightly regretted only wearing shorts as little sprinkles of mud attached themselves to your skin but you remained glued to the task at hand.

Knocking fervently on the door of the Kozume household, you somehow remembered that a doorbell existed and switched to constantly pressing it to the point that you thought it would break. There was some scuffling inside the house and a loud yelling to signify that they were coming and you immediately panicked more.

(Small note: most Japanese homes don't have gates, especially in the city.)

That wasn't Kenma's voice, nor his father's or his mother's.

"Maybe they have a visitor.. yeah, maybe someone just came in and-"

"What do you want?"

Drawled out an exhausted looking man, you guessed he was a bit older than you, probably in his college years. You would've commented on his attractive face (to be honest the eyebags and slight stubble hit just right) if not for your current predicament.