Part 4

It was a silhouette of a woman facing her.

With fear streaming through her veins Jasmine turned to the other side of the room with heavy heartbeats and shut her eyes for a moment. She fled out of her room and ran to the hall where her mom was standing. "what happened, are you alright?", asked her mom worriedly because she suspected that her daughter has seen something unexplainable through Jasmine's was profuse sweating state. "Come here dear, wash your face and relax", Olive said as she rubbed Jasmine's back trying to calm her.

After a few hours Ackley returned, before entering the house he drenched himself with buckets of water. He didn't utter a word to his family, walked straight to his father's picture hanging on the wall and cried his heart out. The women who heard his screams ran to him and hugged him, they all ended up weeping. For them, Zem was a guide and everything in this world, they felt that they have lost the pillar of strength and power of the family.

After a week, "ma I have to return to Halo, as I have classes to attend", said Jasmine, "its alright dear carry on,  your dad and I will stay here. We'll take care of everything. We have also planned to move here baby. What about your sister, have you spoken to her?", enquired Olive. "no ma, as usual we didn't speak much , she said she is leaving today by 6pm",said Jasmine. "alright then, call your dad for dinner he is completely drained". Their neighbors brought them dinner. The four had their dinner and headed to their rooms.

The very next day, Jasmine left her grandma's house. After a long journey she reached her apartment. She emptied her bag, arranged her things and fell asleep.

After a few days, Olive called her daughters to inform about the eighteenth day ritual to be conducted for Zem. The sisters said that they'll be there.

Two days before the ritual Jasmine was all set to leave but suddenly the clouds turned dark, there was a heavy downpour. The Meteorological Department forecasted a cyclone to cross the city anytime in next 5 days. The news channels warned the residents not to leave their shelters for the next 5 days and to buy all the essentials as the shops would be closed for next 5 days.

Jasmine heard her phone ring, "ma did you see the news, the weather here is bad, they have also stopped all the public transportations, can you send me car?", sadly said Jasmine, "baby we saw the news, we think its safe for you to stay there, we are worried about your safety, you can join the thirtieth day ritual", said Olive. Still Jasmine was stubborn to go, "No ma I am coming", she said. "Don't dear, you can buy some fruits and cook your grandmother's favorite dish. Present them in front of the deity pictures in your apartment and pray for grandma's soul to rest in peace", replied her mother. Jasmine listened carefully and agreed to it. "Meet you after 10 days ma", she said and dropped her phone.

Later Jasmine hurried to the market buying necessary things for the household, she bought some apples and a comb of bananas as they were her grandma's favorites. She also bought some vegetables. She reached her apartment and waited for the day to come.

The day arrived with thunder and rainfall, it was time to prepare grandma's favorite mixed vegetables curry. After an hour of preparation, she spread the curry and rice on a banana leaf along with the fruits that she had bought. After a few prayers in front of the deity Jasmine got up and had her lunch.

It was 11pm, Jasmine switched off the lights and dozed off to sleep.

In the middle of the night, she heard a rumble, "Grandma is that you!!!", Jasmine saw her grandma sitting on the dining chair eating her favorite fruit banana, smiled at her. "How did you get here?", asked Jasmine panicking, before she could move a heavy thunder woke her up from sleep. "That was a dream.... THAT WAS A DREAM!!!!!!!!!!".

___________________________________________________________________________

Hello lovelies, this is Radheya , hope you all liked this chapter comment your views about this book

and please vote for this book.

Meet you all with another chapter....