5.The Dark Woods

"I'm leaving."

The princess was shocked, she didn't know what to say.

What is the king trying to say? He's leaving? To where? And why is he leaving?

The princess couldn't find any reason to why the king would leave. The king hasn't left the palace for as long as she can remember. The king never stepped foot out of the kingdom after the queen was gone. So why would the king go out of the palace where there is no safety for him, the princess couldn't understand.

No body spoke for awhile. There was tension in the air surrounding them. The king did looked determined, a look that says that he is not going to change his mind.

"Why?"

She spoke no louder then a whisper but the king still heard her very well.
The king didn't really knew himself why but the thing he knew was that what he was doing would keep his kingdom safe ,would keep his daughter safe.

He knew what he was doing would make himself visible to all his enemies who want him gone. But it was now or never.

He never wanted this to happen, never wanted to leave his daughter alone behind but for the safety of all he would have to do this even if it meant risking his all.

"The reason, I can't tell you exactly but know that what I'm doing is what Is right for everyone."

The princess knew not to question the king's decision but couldn't stop the question from coming out of her even if she tried to hold it in.

"Where are you planning on going?"

She thought it would be better to know where he was going more than what he was going for.
She waited for a whole minute and the look of the king's face remained stone cold.

She decided it was her time to take her leave even when she just wanted to stay here all day long talking or even looking at the king, the person who she knew loved her the most even when he didn't showed it.

She bowed down to the waist and turned away to return to the darkness she once consumed.

But just before she was out of the door the king's voice came through her ears.

                 "The Dark Woods."