Popsicle

Thanks for commenting! Encouraging comments are the best drug for a writer, I can assure you. So, I found the time to update today - just for you guys. 

So, here we go - finally - some action and not talk only.

Let me know what you thought, loves.

______________________________________________________________________________

October 30th, 2004 - Later that night.

Fay stood in the bathroom in her nightgown (a rather worn over sized T-shirt with a picture of a unicorn) brushing her teeth - when someone knocked on the door.

She had been crying, her cheeks were wet with tears, her eyes felt puffy , she knew she looked miserable, and she wanted nothing more than to not get the door. She wanted to get drunk and cry and die - but shambled to the door anyways.

"Who is it?" she asked through it.

Gods, she felt like shit! The combination of painkillers and white wine might not have been the smartest choice - but at least it had numbed the pain. Still, she wasn't prepared to meet anyone at the moment. If it was Matsu, she'd have to tell him to sod off. She still felt embarrassed about her comment about Narnia.

"It's me."

Her heart jumped.

The low, cool voice sent shivers through her spine, and her knees went weak. Instantly she was back at the closet, back in the small, dark space, surrounded by L's scent, and she felt high headed.

Quickly she wiped her tears and her runny nose, and stuffed the toothbrush into a vase on a nearby table, before opening the door.

"What do you want?" she asked.

He shifted his weight nervously from foot to foot, and stuffed his hands deep into his pockets. His silence spoke louder than words, and finally Fay had to look up, to meet his huge, dark eyes. To fall in them, once again.

"I'm sorry." he breathed. "I am sorry, that I --"

"Don't." Fay snapped. "If you came just to tell me you're sorry--"

"I didn't."

"Then why are you here?"

Her words were an accusation, and she threw them at his face with anger. But something in his eyes cut right through her heart, and suddenly Fay felt shattering like glass.

She knew why he had come.

She reached for his arm, her fingers grabbed on the fabric of his shirt, just like in the closet, like a million times before, but suddenly everything was unlike before, and she felt it in the beating of her heart, in the pulsing of her bloodstream, in her head that was high not only of the drugs but of him too, and she pulled him closer.

It was as if that had been the push he needed.

She had barely time to gasp - and his lips were on hers in a heartbeat.

He tasted of honey and milk, of tea and despair, and her mouth watered, her lips opened for him. A sweet, overcoming weakness washed over her, and she succumbed to his embrace.

L's hands were on her back, in her hair, the long, delicate fingers brushing through her curls. His lips found the corner of her mouth, his tongue tasted her lips, and wrapping her arms around his neck she felt how he shivered, how the lean muscles of his chest and shoulders went tight and hard under her touch.

The kiss was desperate and raw, it left them both breathless. He pushed her against the wall, and his hands were on her backside, finding the hem of her nightgown, pulling it up, and Fay thought she'd die, that she'd burst of this need that was like a volcano in her gut. His hands were trembling, and the sounds that escaped from his lips into her mouth, were the dry, throaty sounds of wanting and of wonder, and she knew - this was the first time he touched anyone like this. This was the first time for him, and it made her heart ache with love and fear and hope.