Twenty-Four | His Possessive Side

Chapter 24 : His Possessive side

"Harley, wait stop!" I reach out for him but he continued roaming the halls looking for a particular person. I knew he would strike at any moment, he just waited to get off school grounds like that's ever stopped him from ending up in the back of a police car.

"I told you not to do anything stupid!" I chase after him while wiping the sweat off my forehead. My gosh, he's fast and he's only walking! Am I just that damn slow? Harley turned the hallway corner and stopped making me bump into his back.

"You!" He said and walked across the hall. A guy and a girl stood by a set of lockers talking but stopped to give Harley their full attention. "Have you see Jayden?" He asked harshly.

"Yeah, 2 hours ago. There was an ambulance here taking him away. He was hurt pretty badly," The guy said, slinging his backpack over his shoulder. "Good," Harley muttered. The girl standing next to the guy glanced at me as I stood behind Harley and gave me a sympathy smile.

"Let's go," Harley pulled at my arm making me yelp in surprise. "Would you slow down and listen to me?!" I pulled away from his grip once we were outside of the school.

"What, what?!" He raised his voice and spun around. I jumped back at his tone and took a deep breath. "I'm sorry for yelling i-" I held my hand up, cutting his sentence off.

"You can't just keep going around and fighting people. You know mom hates when you get in trouble! Damon already beat him up, if you do something you'll most likely end up killing him!"

"And? He deserves to get fucked up! Do you know what he did to you?!" He yelled back.

"Yes I do, but I'm trying really hard not to think about it! If you do this... you may get suspended from playing the game," I added a sigh at the end. Harley stared at me for a few seconds before shaking his head.

"You are so soft. You care about people too much."

"Hey, I do not care what happens to that jerk!"

"Sure doesn't seem like it. I mean, come on Hermione, he almost took advantage of you!" He yelled making me take another step back. I was taken aback by his words and felt the air get sucked from my lungs. He knows?!

"W-What?"

"Yeah, I know what he almost did to you. And when I see him, he's gonna wish he didn't leave the hospital," He balled his fist and started pacing back and forth out of anger.

"H-How did you find out?" I mumbled and folded my arms. Harley stopped pacing around and looked at me disappointedly, "Joslin told me."

What?!

"She said that Jayden told her what happened. Of course, I didn't believe he tired 'hooking up' with you, I know Jayden. He tried taking advantage of you."

I stared at the floor for a few seconds, feeling my lip tremble. I just wish I could run away from this place and never come back. I hate everything and everyone!

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I-I wanted to b-but I knew you were gonna-" My sentence got cut off by Harley wrapping his arms around me tightly. I immediately hugged him back around his waist and sobbed lightly into his shirt.

"Now you see why I scare every boy away?" He mumbled and kissed my head. I pulled away and titled my head up to look at him. As I did, my vision was blurry and my eyes felt puffy.

"I'm sorry for ever stopping you," I chuckled between my tiny sobs making Harley laugh and nod his head. "I know," He said and kissed my head multiple times making me smile.