Chapter 1: the new girl

"Chloe wake up! It's the first day of your senior year! Don't wanna be late sweety!" Chloe startled awake by hearing her mothers voice shout at her. Chloe groaned, "I'm up mom!" Chloe scrambled off her queen sized bed and headed straight to her bathroom to start the day.

Chloe headed downstairs dressed in her barden highs cheerleader outfit. She was captain after all, their school colors were blue and gold, Chloe thought the blue really brought out her light baby blue eyes. Chloe smiled complimenting her self, "hurry and eat your breakfast dear." Chloe's mom, carol said, sitting down across from Chloe at their huge dining table. Chloe sighed as she sat down roughly in the chair in front of her, Chloe slouched as she ate a piece of bacon on her plate. "Chloe! It is not lady like to slouch, young lady." Chloe's moms said scowling at her disapprovingly. Chloe sighed heavily and sat straight up "yes mam." Chloe's mom smiled at Chloe's obidence, "thank you dear. Anyway, are you excited for your final year of highschool?" Chloe's mom asked Chloe excitedly. Chloe shrugged "I guess." Chloe said while drinking her orange juice. Chloe's mom frowned at Chloe "Chloe, this is your final year! I thought you would be excited for your senior year. It was all you could talk about since you started high school." Chloe's mom said confused. Chloe shoved her plate away from her "yeah well, that was three years ago mom. I just wanna graduate as soon as possible." Chloe's mom nodded and chuckled "when I was your age that was all I could think about when I started highschool. Going to college and becoming a lawyer, and I did!" Chloe's mom laughed. Chloe rolled her eyes at her mother and sighed while getting up "well mom I gotta go or I'm gonna be late." Chloe's mom nodded and hugged Chloe before she left "be good dear!" Chloe's mom shouted after Chloe as Chloe hopped into her pink buggy and drove off to barden high, the bane of her existence.

Chloe parked her car in her assigned parking spot, the cheerleaders all had their own spaces, which was nice. Chloe looked out at the school, barden high was a huge campus compared to her middle school in Ohio. When Chloe first started highschool she was known as the schools biggest music nerd. Chloe shuddered at the memory, Chloe still remembers the mean jokes and the bullying, Chloe shook her head. 'Thats all behind you now. You, Chloe Beale, are now the most desired girl at barden high. You have everything you ever wanted and more. The perfect reputation, the perfect dull boyfriend, the perfect fake friends, what more could a girl want huh?' Chloe thought to herself, chuckling pitifully. Chloe got out of her car and slung her hot pink backpack over her shoulder as her fiery red hair was over her shoulders in perfect curls. Chloe locked her car and proceeded into prision, as she liked to call it.

Chloe entered prision with a fake smile on her face as everyone greeted her, she smiled and waved at every stupid person who even said goood morning to her. Chloe headed straight for her locker and opened it, pulling out books she would need for the first semester. Chloe closed her locker and jumped at who was behind her locker door. Chloe internally rolled her eyes 'ugh, it's Tom.' Chloe thought disgustingly. Tom smiled at her creepily "hey babe." Chloe fake smiled at him "hey." Tom leaned against her locker "so how was your summer?" He asked, Chloe chuckled inside, 'as if he actually even cares.' Chloe sighed "well it was-" "yo tom! Let's go bro!" Tom looked over Chloe's shoulder and smiled at his football buddies "hey guys, I'll be there in a sec!" Tom looked over at Chloe and fake frowned "I got to go babe, but rain check, okay?" Tom winked and her, "ok-" tom didn't even wait for Chloe's reply "alright! See ya chlo!" Chloe grunted at tom, 'geez what a wonderful boyfriend.' Chloe thought as she left to her first class, which was poetry.

Chloe sat in the front as always waiting for her two best friends, Aubrey and Stacie. They were the only true friends she had at this godforsaken school. As the late bell rang students started to pile into the class, "chloe!" Chloe looked up and actually real smiled this time, Aubrey and Stacie both bear hugged Chloe. "We missed you!" Stacie said squealing. Aubrey and Stacie sat oppisite sides of Chloe as usual. "Yea Chloe! How was your summer?" Aubrey asked Chloe excitedly. Chloe was about to answer Aubrey as she was interrupted by the teacher opening the door frantically "sorry I'm late class! Hell of a morning." Everyone laughed at their new teacher for the semester. The teacher sat his stuff down on his desk and took off his jacket hanging it on his chair. He grabbed a marker and started to write on the board, "as you can clearly see, my name is Mr. Mitchell," he said while writing his name on the board and capped the marker and set it down on his desk. "Well, good Morning everyone! I'm glad to see everyone one looking miserable this fine Monday morning, I know I am." He said jokingly. Everyone laughe loudly. "Alright, let's see...oh right!" Mr. Mitchell grabbed a book out of his suitcase and held out the book for everyone to see "we are goin to be learning about shakesphere," everyone groaned. Mr. Mitchell laughed "I know, I know, your probably already day dreaming about falling alseep," everyone chuckled once more, Mr. Mitchell held up his index finger "but I promise you, this will not be as boring as you think it is. Alright I will start off with asking a few questions, to see if any of you know anything of shakesphere himself." Everyone groaned again, "alright, alright, you guys drive a hard bargain. Anyone who answers my questions and get it partially right will be rewarded with...a five dollar Starbucks card." Everyone sat up in their seats fast, Mr. Mitchell laughed "there! Now I got your attention!" Everyone laughed. "Alrighty! Question one...what was shakesphere a first poem?" Everyone thought hard. Five hands shot up, "you with the awesome shades on!" Everyone laughed "what's your name son?" The blonde guy smiled "I'm Greg." Mr. Mitchell smiled "alright Greg, watcha got?" "Well I think his first poem was something called uh...venus?" Mr. Mitchell smiled "right you are greg," he grabbed one of the five Starbucks cards out of his suitcase and threw it across over to Greg, "you got some of it right, it was a trick question he had two first poems one of them was Venus and the other was called Adonis."

Mr. Mitchell only had one card left "okay this one is kind of a toughie, but I beleive in the impossible. Okay...who was Shakespeare's later poems mostly about?" Everyone consulted each other. Two mintues passed by with no answer "really? No one?" Mr. Mitchell asked in disbelif. "They were mostly about his love for his wife Anne Hathaway." A husky voice said softly, everyone turned to the entrance of the classroom door. Mr. Mitchell turned to the door and smiled "right you are!" Chloe focused on the mysterious girl, she has never seen her around before, she's so beautiful. The girl wore dark clothing, she had dark brunette hair, that went almost passed her shoulders, smoldering dark blue eyes, and a contouring face. She wore a black leather jacket with a type of black band tee shirt on underneath it, dark blue skinny jeans and black converses. She smirked as Mr. Mitchell throwed the last Starbucks card at her, the mysterious girl catches it with her left hand "thanks." Everyone started to quiet whisper about her except Chloe who just sat there and stared at the Beauitful, mysterious girl. "May I see your papers?" Mr. Mitchell asked her almost giggling. Chloe looked at him strange as the girl rolled her eyes at him. She handed him her schedule, he read it and handed it back to her, "everyone say hello to beca." Everyone said hi. Beca fake smiled and small waved. Beca looked around to find a seat and Chloe watched her, Chloe almost jumped when beca stared at her curiously, 'oh god she's probably wondering why I'm staring at her!' Chloe thought an immediately blushed and looked away from beca's intense stare. Beca's lips turned in a slight smirk. Beca passed by Chloe's seat slowly and headed down her row to sit in the way back. "Alright let's continue on!" As Mr. Mitchell kept talking about shakesphere, stacie turned to Chloe "oh my god...she's so hot!" Stacie whispered fiercely. Chloe chuckled as Aubrey giggled "can you keep it in your pants for a couple of seconds stace." Aubrey whispered playfully at Stacie. Stacie growled at Aubrey "shut up, I can keep it in my pants longer than that you know." Stacie said definitively. Aubrey scoffed "yeah for about a minute." Chloe giggled as Stacie pouted "shut up."

Class finally ended, Stacie and Aubrey pulled Chloe out of her seat both wearing cheerleader outfit on also, "come on chlo!" Stacie said pulling Chloe unwillingly. "Okay!" Chloe shouted as she was pulled against her will by her friends. Chloe glanced back into the classroom and saw beca talking to the teacher, Chloe saw Mr. Mitchell ruffle beca's hair and pinch her cheeks, Chloe's nose scrunched up in confusion. Beca side glanced at her and glared at her. Before Chloe could properly respond with a rude facial expression back, she was pulled to her next class.

"Dad!" Beca whined as her dad ruffled her hair and pinched her cheeks, Mr. Mitchell laughed as beca glared at him. Beca side glanced and saw that red headed cheerleader saw what he did and glared at her. Beca sighed heavily "great! Now someone knows were related!" Beca sad throwin her arms up in frustration. Beca's dad laughed "oh calm down becky." Beca scoffed "I will not calm down dad! They put me in your class on purpose, didn't they?" Beca accused her dad. Beca's dad looked down guiltily, beca huffed "you told them to put me in your class didn't you?" Beca asked her dad weakly. Beca's dad looked up at beca and nodded. Beca sighed "dad I told you I'm fine, you don't have to watch me twenty four seven." Beca said to her dad forcefully. Beca's dad sighed "beca I'm worried about you, it's a fathers duty to worry about their child." "Well don't be. The doctors said I will be fine, why can't you trust them?" Beca asked him. Beca's dad frowned and looked down at his desk "you know why becs." Beca's dad told her sadly. "Aw pop...I'm sorry, I didn't meant to-" beca's dad held up his right hand to her "it's alright beca...apologize accepted." Beca's dad looked up at her and smiled wide "now go enjoy your first day of senior year." Beca smiled and at him and hugged him "I'll see you at home dad." Beca's dad nodded as he watched his little girl leave.

It was the middle of the day, lunch time. Chloe sat there picking at her salad as the rest of the cheer squad at her table talked about nationals in the fall. Chloe couldn't stop thinking about that new girl, beca. She was so...Chloe didn't even know the right words to describe beca, there was none. Stacie flicked a pea at Chloe's head "chlo!" Chloe looked up startled "huh?" Stacie laughed "what's up with you? Ever since poetry class you've been out of it all day." Stacie asked worriedly. Chloe shrugged "I'm just spacing out stace." Aubrey turned to Chloe "is it about Tom?" Chloe laughed "no." "Okay then what is it chlo?" Aubrey asked her curiously. Chloe's eyes widened as she tried to think of a lie "uh...it's just I'm thinking about this years cheers, you know how stressful that is on me." Hoping that they would buy into her lie. Stacie and Aubrey nodded understandingly "oh ok, well we could always help you know." Stacie said to Chloe. Chloe nodded and smiled televised "thanks guys, but I like to make them up myself." They both nodded and returned to their lunches. Chloe sighed once more thought drifting back to beca.

Authors note:

Alright chapter one, hopefully I'll continue this but you never know.