Period one

PERIOD ONE- 9.15 AM

Steve was in his English class, he didn't really like English that much, but today that didn't bother him. He was in a really giddy mood, he was sat there smiling to himself , enjoying his supposed most hated lesson of the day. His good friend Adam who sits next to him noticed his sudden change of heart with the lesson and was curious to know why he wasn't complaining about anything. The last time Adam saw him like this was about 3 years ago when he was infatuated with a girl called Katie. Sadly that was never meant to be and she moved away and left Steve alone.

Adam looked over to Steve to see how was completely zoned out. He wafted his hands in front of his eyes looking as if he was doing some form of macarena.

"Whats happening with you then ay, your actually enjoying English. You never enjoy English, no one ever enjoys English. I dont even think the teacher enjoys English, so why are you?" Adam says.

"I'm just in a good mood this morning, it doesn't mean that something happened. And if anything were to happen why would it be any of your business anyway." he replies rather anxiously knowing that Adam will be able to see through his lies as they have known each other since the start of secondary school and he has seen similar things before. 

"Hmmm, very suspicious, dont worry I know what your up too again, just be careful not to break your heart again okay" Adam replies with a soft tone whilst gently patting Steve on the back. 

"Thanks mate, I really do appreciate it honestly I do, but I dont think that's going to happen. Me and her really had a connection yanno" Steve whispers.

"Who, who did you have a connection with? whats happening!?" Adam replies anxiously desperately wanting to know whats happened.

"Well, it was this girl, she was so so beautiful, I'd only seen her a handful of times around the school." He replies and once again begins to smirk

"Don't I get to know who?" Adam says desperately wanting to know even the first letter of her name.

"Not yet, I'm not ready yet. Its not that I dont trust you, its that I've only just met her, you know how it is" He responded.

"Okay, yeah I get th-"

"I'm so Sorry class we forgot to mark the homework at the start of the lesson, get it out of your bags and we will see how much you know about Dickens" Shouts Mr Deeney. 

 If you were to look around the room you will see a few students with a nice neat double sided document printed out from their computer that they evidently put a lot of time into their research , others with a nice neat sheet of lined paper on their desk with a paragraph filling the page about about Dickens. And then you have the small group of people that have a scrap piece of paper they have clearly ripped out one of their books and wrote about 5 bullet points on it. And then there was Steve, he was frantically rummaging his backpack looking for his work. It was then when he realised that he never put his homework in his bag the previous night, it was on his desk inside his room. But still decided to look in every single nook and cranny of his bag practically preying it will just appear. But of course it never does.

Its then when he knows he has to come up with some way of hiding the fact he had forgotten it. However what made it worse is that everyone was beginning to look around to see what the hold up was. Adam realised what was going on and tried to help Steve look for his unknowingly non existent homework.   

The teacher began to go around each person in the classroom to get them to hold up their work, what made matters worse is that Steve's surname was Chatman and that meant he would be called upon almost instantly to show it up to sir. After about five or six people it was Steve's turn to show the teacher. He knew he couldn't show him anything but he also knew saying that he had left it at home is such a cliché the teacher would never had believed him.  But he had decided to go with it anyway hoping that the teacher would let him off. But then he remembered  this  teacher hates him and knew he was ultimately screwed. 

"Steve, please may you hold up your homework" The teacher said. There was science. You would have been able to hear a pin drop. "Steve I wont ask again, where is it?" The teacher added. 

"Sir, this is going to sound like its a lie b-" Steve tried to say before getting interrupted. 

"If it sounds like a lie, it is a lie. DETENTION!" The teacher shouted.

The smile from Steve's face vanished as quick as a lightning bolt penetrating the earth. He began to sink in his chair. Steve has never been a teachers pet but he has never been a "bad guy" before.
He felt so very deeply guilty and embarrassed he just wanted to earth to open up and swallow him.

The teacher continued to go through the names of the students in the class, however Steve didn't really understand what he was saying. Everything was muffled and all the same tone for him.

Nearly all the students carried on as nothing happened, but Steve couldn't understand why. Why did no one care what happened?

Adam looked towards Steve was sweating whilst his face was looking progressively the same shade as a ghost.

"Steve, Steve.... STEVE" Adam says progressively getting worried, still with no reply from Steve.

Adam nudges Steve, to try and get any response from him. Suddenly Steve grunts in a typically teenage way.

"Steve what's wrong?" Adam says trying to make sure his is okay.

There was no reply

"Steve I'm worried about you, talk to me... Please" Adams adds whilst looking dead into the gazing eyes of Steve.

"I'm FINE OKAY!" Steve screams to Adam whilst getting the classes attention. Steve begins to go a red like colour.

"You okay their S-" The teacher tries to say before Steve shoves his chair backwards and storms out of the room slamming the door behind him.

The whole class looks around in shock never seeing Steve remotely act like that. They all begin to talk amongst themselves whilst trying to look through the glass of the door to see if they could see him.