Chapter 4 : The Same Boat

I closed the door to the office and before leaving, I headed towards the green eyed boy. "If this goes wrong, I'm turning you in, but I have faith in it, so let's stick to the plan"

He smirked and stated, "It won't. You shouldn't worry about anything, but now Norman and Ray know the truth, so whatever small mistake may blow our cover" "Plus, remember we're a team, and we work well together. I doubt things won't go our way."

"True"
We headed off to our room and, without making any noise, we got in bed. I soon drifted to sleep after that long day.

________________________________________________________________________________

Light came in from a window to my left. A fresh breeze grazed my arms full of bruises and botches. I tried opening my less swollen eyes, surprisingly easily. I then tried moving my legs; a sharp pain shot through my body, making my spine sore.
I wided my eyes in shock to see that I was in the house infirmary. 'Oh right. I remeber being brought here last night'- I thought.

"Dont move. You're still hurt. rest some more" a familiar voice said. I was still shocked to see the dark haired boy, looking outside the window, book in his hands, then moving his stare to me.

"I volunteered to take care of you while you're in this state. Now I'll be able to talk to you about the deal"

'The.... Deal ?' I asked in my head, the question still traveling through my brain at the speed of light, trying to find an answer.

So.. a deal? I wonder what's that about.

He came every day, in and out To bring in food, help me reach places, help me move...

Kids were always outside the door, asking about me and volunteering to take care of me.

Until one day, I asked him what the deal was about, tired of waiting for the boy to tell me himself.

"You finally asked. I thought you'd forgotten" he started. "I know the dark secrets this house holds as well, and to guarantee our safety, I came up with something"

He told me all about it. How we would act as Mother's spies and inform her about everything going on with the children.
Like that, we'd be safe for at least 6 more years or so. And in that time, we'd plan our escape route and take Norman and Emma with us.

I wasn't alone, not anymore. "W-why me?" I asked. It didn't make sense, i was one of the most intelligent kids here, yes, but the most logical thing was to work alone, so no one could mess anything up.

After some seconds, he looked into my eyes, penetrating my soul, reading me with great effort and transmitting a familiar feeling I had, at the same time, never esperienced.

"Because we're in the same boat"
That alone explained everything.

'We're in the same boat...'

________________________________________________________________________________

'The same boat....'

(A/N)- Author's note

Alright, I know this is a very short chapter, but I've had finals this week and this is something I did in my small breaks from studying. Anyway, I hope you liked it, bye!
Lex out-