🌧☁Mourn for Him☁🌧

Naruto trudged through the forest, the stormy cloud of sadness and grief loomed over him. How could Pervy Sage die...? He thought, his blonde hair falling in front of his face and covering his glossy eyes. A sudden wave of anger crashed into him. He clenched his fists and looked into the sky. How could he just leave me like that!? Naruto thought once again. He looked at a tree and punched it. Once. Twice. And a third time. He punched it over and over again, screaming as loud as he could. He didn't stop until his knuckles bled. The thick, red liquid dribbled down Naruto's fingers as his knees buckled, making him fall to the ground.

"How could you, Pervy Sage? I still need you..." Naruto whispered as tears began to build up in his eyes, slowly escaping and rolling down his face.

"Y-you..." A broken sob came from the blonde as he shut his eyes. He was so distraught, he didn't know what to do. Jiraiya was like a father to him, and now he's dead... All Naruto could do was cry. He didn't want to believe that Pervy Sage was dead, but deep down he knew. Kurama ended up trying to comfort the boy, but failed miserably so he just stayed silent.

"And of course we still haven't seen Sasuke!" The blonde yelled as he sat up, "One of the only people that understood what happened to me... My best friend up and left me! And I wasn't strong enough to stop him..."

Naruto's life started crashing down on him, realizing that the village hated him, he wasn't strong enough to beat Sasuke, he will never be strong enough to be the Hokage! He had to have someone else protecting him this whole time! First it was his parents, then it was Lord Third, then Iruka, then Kakashi! And Kurama!!! Naruto leaned against a tree, starting to get the feeling someone was watching. He wiped his tears and curled up into a small, frightened ball. He wasn't able to fight with his emotional state. He still needed to grasp onto the fact that Pervy Sage is dead and he won't come back.

"Just come out and attack me already!" Naruto yelled, letting the other know that they were found out.

"You've gotten sharper, surprisingly." A familiar voice rang out, Naruto taking a second to realize who it was. He quickly shot up, looking around for this particular person.

"Yet you're still a dobe," Sasuke walked out from behind the tree which Naruto was leaning against. The blonde took quick action and.... Hugged him!?! Sasuke was not expecting that! He tumbled backwards from the surprise hug, but was able to keep his balance.

"Hey! What are you doing, dobe!?" He growled, looking at the blonde hair which semi-blocked his view. Naruto buried his head into Sasuke's neck, only happy to have his best friend back even if it was only for a minute.

"I-I'm sorry..." Naruto mumbled, trying to hold more tears back. Sasuke stayed still as Naruto's arms tightened around him. Without thinking, Sasuke hugged back, wrapping Naruto in a surprisingly warm embrace. Slowly, salty tears made their way down Naruto's face, some landing on Sasuke's skin.

"Sorry for what, dobe? You have nothing to be sorry for..." Sasuke mumbled the last part but since Naruto was right next him, he heard.

"Y-you left... If I was strong enough, I could've brought you back to the village and we'd all be back to Squad 7, doing missions that were super risky, like the good old days..." Naruto reminisced, thinking back to when they went and fought Zabuza.

"Naruto, I left because I wanted to... Even if you did beat me in that fight, I still would've gone. I would've left the village either way, dobe." Sasuke tried his best to comfort the blonde, "Why were you crying?"

Naruto tensed up as the thought of Jiraiya popped up.

"Pervy Sage is dead..." He spoke in a soft, sad tone.

"Who is that?" Sasuke said bluntly, genuinely a bit confused seeing as he never met this "Pervy Sage".

"He was like a father to me... His name was Jiraiya and he was one of the legendary Sannin..." Naruto sobbed as he gripped the white cotton, crying harder. Sasuke pet Naruto's head, just letting the other cry into his shoulder.

"Naruto!!!" A yell came from a few meters away. It was Sakura...

"Naruto, I have to go..." Sasuke looked at the other. Naruto shook his head, "Please don't... Not yet, don't leave yet!"

The blonde hugged Sasuke tighter, begging him to stay.

"Dobe, you know I'll have to leave anyways..." Sasuke tried to pry off the little demon but to no avail.

"Just... Don't die, alright?" Naruto whispered. Sasuke nodded.

"Promise?" The blonde asked, Sasuke sighed. The black-haired man grabbed the other's face and kissed it softly, whispering, "Promise."

Naruto could've sworn butterflies had just suddenly appeared and multiplied in his stomach. In one blink of an eye, Sasuke was gone. Nowhere to be seen.

"Naruto!" Sakura yelled as she finally caught sight of the jinchuriki, "Kakashi-sensei! Over here!"

Naruto looked at the pink-haired woman running towards him.

"Thank goodness we found you!" Sakura smiled a bit, happy to know Naruto is okay.

"Y-yeah..." Naruto looked at the ground as Kakashi jumped onto the ground.

"Now let's get back to the village!" Sakura started walking. Kakashi whispered into Naruto's ear, "I see you and Sasuke have a.... Powerful bond."

The Jonin smirked under his mask as he watched Naruto turn red. After Kakashi had sped up a bit, Naruto looked back. Hoping to catch one last glimpse of his best friend. To his surprise, he saw the Uchiha leaning against the same tree. The two made eye contact, Sasuke winking at Naruto briefly before actually leaving. The butterflies Naruto felt in his stomach had definitely multiplied...

~~~~~~~~

Word Count: 994

Just thought I'd do this. Just an idea, not sure if it's good or not but whatever.