8

Chapter 8: It's A Rich Man Game.

Somewhere in mountainous regions of Alaska

I am currently landing my ship near the entrance to my gold horde no. 5, it's a natural cavern in a mountain. Mountain usually would be a bad hiding spot, hikers and mountain climbers might stumble on my shinny little secret. However, this remote mountain filled with bears, are not exactly considered a prime tourist spot. I am here today because they strike oil fifty miles from here, far away right? But, that is too close for my comfort. So, I have been moving my gold here to somewhere else. This should be my third and final trip here, grab my last one hundred tonnes, drop off fifty tonnes somewhere else, and take the rest to finish my deal in Xandar.

Since the last 'family drama' mom apologize and I said sure, why not! Weird why I am not making a big deal out of it? Anyone who has a family knows that this shit happens from time to time. Well, not exactly my evil alien baby daddy try to kill me kinda shit, but you get the point. I am still human, maybe not entirely human but emotionally, mentally and psychologically human, I hope. I may be a cynic with a touch of paranoia but I'm not an emotionless psychopath. I don't get my jollies from torturing animals or senseless murder. Killing is ok in my book if it served a purpose, but killing just for the sake of killing...now that is just stupid.

This deal is worth 3 billion Units, there is a lot of shit I could buy with that kind of money. One is my dream of owning my own planet. It's a connected dream to the army thing, to build my own force I need a place that not under anyone jurisdiction but my own. A bigger ship would be nice too, I'll have to do some research on that later if I was travelling on a big ass ship, that merc last time won't even come near me. Like the good old Ronald Reagan use to say, be soft-spoken but walk around with a big stick...or some shit like that. He is in this universe too but he didn't go into politics and just remained an actor, just watched him on tv...weird.

I am currently loading my last hoverboard, with me gold arrrgh, so, bye-bye horde no. 5, ye will be missed. My ship can carry one hundred tonnes just fine, but carrying that much weight through a jump point, are not recommended for my ship mass.

"Err...Chief, just now the scanner detected multiple miniaturised jump signatures, sorry, I could be wrong, the reading seems weird?! Could the scanner be broken?" Siri sounded confused with the weird reading.

I ready myself in case it is hostile, then, my ears caught a faint heartbeat, nope, there is a lot of heartbeats, twelve in total. Eleven are holding positions around me, while, one was slowly approaching towards me. When I catch a glimpse of the striking golden yellow colour robe, I knew who's coming, shall we fuck with the mind of an eight hundred years old, wizard? This could be fun!

"So, what can I do for the Mystics of Kamar-Taj? I doubt that you came all the way here for a donation because you are seriously over-dressed," I said while packing some of my tools, I spare her a quick glanced. She looks intrigued, not many people have gotten the drop on her, perhaps she saw a different conversation before.

"You knew of us? That's a surprise, Mr Quill because we hardly know anything about you," She said with a neutral face. Damn, she can make a lot of money playing poker, just by using that poker face. Not to mention her tiny greenstone too. "I am curious on how you heard of us? its not like we were listed in the yellow pages,"

"Well, I heard of talks, regarding an ancient order of mystics, called Kamar-Taj, Lots of conflicting opinions on the location, some say, New York, some say London, also some say it's in Hong Kong. My personal favourite is Kathmandu, Nepal. But most agreed, that the order is headed by a bald Caucasian woman, who has an unhealthy obsession with golden robes and used too far much incense," She looks alarmed at first then amused with my jab. "So, when you walked up to me, I figured the odds of you being a lost bald incense peddler, would be slim to none," I said while she gave an amusing smiled.