11

Omake 10.1: Autograph.

Sometime around 1992.

"Ahh..C'mon James, it won't take more than a few minutes...Please!?" Peter whining while I was piloting my ship. It's his solstice school break, so I got to bring him with me on my errands.

For fuck sake mom, I ain't going to the store to buy eggs you know! This is serious shit, but as they say in Missouri…' Do what yer mom told yer or she'll beat the living shit out of yer'.

I sighed, "No, Non, Nien...Fuck no! What did you promise before when I said you can come?" I hold my ship in hovering position.

"This is a chance of a lifetime, it's history in the making...Can't you make an exception this time?" Peter trying to coax me.

I sigh heavily, "By Bob, what was my previous life sins that earned me you...really Peter, if I wasn't bulletproof I would eat my gun by now," I hit autopilot and turn my pilot seat to face him, "Why are you so obsessed with getting his autograph, he is just one dude,"

Peter gasped dramatically, "You take that back, you can't call him just one dude...that's sacrilege!"

"Do you even know what sacrilege mean?" I said while massaging my temple, "I swear, you gonna give me grey hairs before I am thirty,"

"Of course I know what it meant, C'mon two minutes, that's all I ask," Peter tries to use his puppy eyes look.

"No! And stop trying to use that look, it stops being cute two years ago. You wanted to wear big boy pants, then act like one!" I rejecting firmly as he has been briefed on the subject before.

He then sat there sulking, twirling his Mk1X Blasters.

"Chief, triangulation completed…pinging an unknown object in grid eleven, quadrant 5...It's metallic and big," Siri paused, "Wait, the shape and size match the AAR* filed by the witnesses...87% certainty it's what you been looking for,"

I smiled then looked at scowling McScowlingFace, "Want to go down there?" I asked the kid.

He smiled as bright as sunshine, "You agree!?"

"Still a no on that, but you can come with if you want," I answered as I walk to my launch tube.

Peter contemplated for a bit then get up to follow me.

"Put on your heavy armour on, this gonna be a cold one," I said as I was checking the equipment in a backpack that I am supposed to carry.

Peter put on his dark mocha colour trench jacket, that boy loves his leather jackets so I lined his armour nanoparticles housing within the jacket lining. Different jackets different armour loadout, but the one he's wearing now is the heaviest.

His fighting style still as the original version of him, the flying space gunslinger. He pick this style without even me giving any input...I guess it's instinctive and it suits him the best. Only now he has better toys than the old Quill.

He activated his armour and the nanoparticle began to cover his torso and both of his arm. His facemask has a flat but slightly curved visor instead of that round robot eyes but still the same colour red. He kinda look like a futuristic version of Iron Man with hair and wearing a trench coat. He still carried his Mk1x Blasters but the armour has its own internal blasters it can form if the need arises.

We launch down from the tubes and fly down to my target. The blizzards were so strong, it's almost impossible to see where we are heading...but luckily we got waypoints from the HUD.

"Damn this thing is big, how it ended up here anyway? From what I read shouldn't it be under it?" Peter ask.

I was scanning my objective looking for the best entry point, "This area been hit by lots of seasonal changes that made the ocean, froze, unfroze and refroze again. Therefore is not surprising to find this here, water moves Pete...even the frozen ones," I answered as I found the right spot.

I cut opened a small hole just enough for one to pass through, but I set aside the cut-off piece as I need to reseal this motherfucker later. We enter it and the interior reminded me of Rebel base in Hoth, it's almost like ball freezing Contraxia. But this thing is a wonder, how the hell they built this using only analogue tech.

"James, over here! Found him," Peter called for me as he ventured deeper while I was checking the antique control console.

I walked up to where Peter was and there he was, the goal of our balls freezing task today. The Capsicle...Old red, white and blue himself, Steve Rogers. I scanned him and the reading indicate he is in a crude cryogenic state but his cells are holding its viability. That gotta be the Super Soldier serum shit...right, most normal human cells would die when frozen.

"Ok Pete, there is a 20% chance what I am about to do will wake him. If that happens we do what you want but if he continues to sleep, we leave him as he is...Ok?" I told Peter who nodded, doing this has its own unique risk...We could end up waking up boy scout way too soon.

I decide to extract the blood from his leg, he has some small wound but I don't want to risk a mixed sample. Better get blood from his veins, but as I said before this has the wakey wakey risk.

We walked out of the place with a full vial of the blood of Christ or the closest thing to it but with only two people. The procedure went without a hitch, but I left a drone there that would monitor the conditions of Capsicle for a decade or so. Peter look dejected as he didn't get Cap's autograph but we did take a selfie at least. That kinda felt wrong somehow but what the hell, the price of fame?