3- Cat.

I was laying on my couch, scrolling through social media. I was hungover. A pounding headache. My dogs were laying on the ground, in front of me. They were asleep. I sighed and turned my phone off. 

They kept calling me. I kept declining them. I didn't care if they were apologizing or what not. 

The elevator door opened and I sighed. I sat up and put my phone on the table. I took a sip of what was in my glass. I grimaced and sat it back down. Both dogs picked their heads up but didn't move. A lot of footsteps didn't make me look at them. 

My phone buzzes on the table. I pick it up and look at the message. I shook my head and put it on the table with my regular one. 

"What do you want, Lucian?" I ask, coldly. He doesn't say anything and I look at him. I then looked at the other people. "You gotta be kidding me." 

"Maeve." Lucian says, in a cold voice. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow. He was about to say something when both dogs started to growl. They were looking at the newcomers. 

"Heal." I say, coldly. They immediately laid back down. I rolled my eyes and leaned back on the couch. "Why are you guys here?" 

"We have to talk." Axel says, lowering his gaze. 

"I don't want to. Come back when I'm dead." Lucian sighed. 

"Maeve, cut it out."

"What? I'm not doing anything." I say, shrugging. He raised an eyebrow and I did too. 

"I'm not playing this game." He mumbles. I roll my eyes and look at the other people.

"Why don't you all leave?" I ask, curious. "That is a great idea, don't you think?"

"Maeve, we have to talk." Damien says, coldly. I sigh and look at Lucian. He nods and goes into the kitchen. I look at them.

"Talk. May not listen but oh well." I say, grabbing my phone. "Got 6 minutes. Better make this lecture quick and fast." 

"Can you-"

"Nope. Now talk or leave." I say, shrugging. "Your choice really. Now you have 5 minutes and 40 seconds left."

Axel let out a breath, "We're sorry." I don't say anything and continue scrolling through social media. "We didn't mean anything by what we said, Maeve." 

"Maeve, answer us." Angel said, with tears building in her eyes.

"Should I buy another pair of contact lenses? Mine are almost out." I say, looking at them. 

"What?" Damien asks, looking at my eyes. "You don't wear glasses. You buy colored contacts?"

"Doesn't everybody?" I ask, confused. "I only buy them because I get bored. Now back to the point, should I buy them again or should I go natural? Like my hair."

"T-That wasn't what we're talking about. We're trying to tell you that we're sorry!" Vanessa says, outraged. I don't say anything and look back at my phone. I continue scrolling through social media.

"3 minutes." I say, in a warning tone. 

"Maeve, we're trying to tell you that we're sorry but you're not even listening to us." Damien says, outraged. "It's pointless. I don't even know why we came here. Was practically against my will." I look at them.

"Then go home. I don't care for your apology. I told you I would be back but I guess you don't listen." I say, annoyed. I leaned forward and grabbed the glass. I took a sip and set it back down. 

For all you wondering what's in the glass, it's vodka. Yes, I'm hungover but I just don't care. Haven't cared since I was 7. 

"What? So your telling me-"

"Lower your voice, will you? Not trying to get kicked out. My neighbors already hate me." I say, running a hand through my hair. 

"Why?" Angel asks, curious. I look at her and smirk. 

"Let's just say, my friends are very loud." Damien narrowed his eyes. 

"Sex? You had sex?" He says, freaked out.

"What? No. I meant as in partying." I say, looking at him weird. He let out a breath. "Don't jump to conclusions, Damien. People will start hating you and stop talking to you. Surprised I still talk to you." 

A baby linx came out of the bedroom and came over to me. Everybody gasps. I picked him up and he started purring. 

"So, what are the rest of your names?" I ask, curious. This seemed to snap people out of their gaze. 

"I'm, uh, Julian. I'm a lawyer." The second oldest says. I nod and look at the third. 

"I'm Matt. A therapist." I look at the fourth one. 

"I'm Atticus. I'm-"

"I like your name. It's pretty." I say, interrupting him. "The others are boring." 

"I'm a doctor. Not at a hospital. You know what I mean."

"Yes, I do. I don't like doctors." I say, scrunching my face up. I then look at the last one. "You?"

"Sebastian. I'm also a surgeon like Axel." I nod then look at Vanessa. 

"I already know your name. I just want to know what you do."

"I'm a nurse." I nod and bite my lip, thinking. 

"So, if all of you are doctors, of some kind, why did none of you go after the police academy work, like your father did?" I ask, after a while. "Is it because he died in duty when you guys were young or something else?" 

"What do you know about our father?" Sebastian asks, clenching his jaw. I shrug.

"Mostly everything. Whenever dear old mom was sober, she would just blab and blab about him. Did you know that the reason why they got a divorce was because she was pregnant with us? Never knew that." I say, shrugging. They all tensed up and my twins furrowed their eyebrows.

"What? She never told us that." Angel says, frowning.

"Maybe I was special." I say, shrugging again. "She always loved making a deal with the devil." 

"What does that mean?" I sigh and move the cat over to the couch. I take my contacts out. 

"Exactly what it means, Atticus. Kinda why I like wearing colored contacts but sometimes, only sometimes, I don't wear them. Makes me, I don't know, alive, I guess?" I say, frowning. 

I grabbed the glass again and downed what was left of it, burning my throat along with it. The pain satisfied me. Made me feel alive like my eyes. I hated my eyes. Was always insecure with them. Nobody knows that though, besides one person. Well, two people really. 

"Let's go back to the mansion." I say, standing up. Lucian came into the living room and I looked at him. "He'll be here soon. I guess? noon? I don't know. Just, don't piss it off. Uh, food is on the counter for him. There is no food for you, so don't eat the food for the cat. Um, what else do you need to know? Oh, um, the cleaners will be here after it leaves."

"Why do you keep calling the cat 'it'?" He asks, confused. I shrug.

"I forgot the name. To be fair, I was still asleep when he dropped the cat off."

"You better give me half the money, Maeve." My face drops. I sigh.

"Okay. Consider 10k already in your bank account." I rolled my eyes. He nods. I look at the cat. "Now, be a good boy." 

"You're seriously pissing me off." He mumbles. I look at him. 

"Why? For looking after a pet? That is an extoic animal? Who cares, dude. Besides, I'm getting good money for watching it. If the police come by, just use our ruse, okay?" I say, smiling. He sighs and nods. 

"Uh, what ruse?" Vanessa asks, confused. We look at her. 

"A thing. Let's go. I want my car." I say, grabbing my phones and keys. I put my leashes on my dogs and we soon leave.