The Left Threshold

The library was so much more than George could have ever explained to him.

A few weeks prior, Dream and George were planning what they would due when they met for the first time. George had clearly been thinking about it a lot, and Dream found charm in that. He listened contently as George read off the lists of things he would want to do with his friend, each thing better than the last. It was in the middle of his rant about the duck filled lake when Dream interrupted him.

"Wait, where do I even meet you?" Dream glanced at the clock, which read 2:28 am. He was getting tired, and as much as he wanted to stay on and hear George's honey filled voice explain what types of candles could and could not be mixed, he needed to wrap it up. "Airport? Your house?"

George's voice only seemed to become more awake. "I will send you directions, but I was thinking we could meet at this really cool library outside of town. It's huge. There's a big tree in the middle, cozy spots, gazillions of bookshelves, it's the best thing ever."

"Wow," Dream was definitely intrigued. "Sounds great. Is it commonly packed?"

"Nope, no one hardly knows about it. It can be our little secret I guess." He giggled, and Dream couldn't help but mirror it.

Now here he stood, outside this large building. It was a giant circle, and the door was so tiny he couldn't believe it. It was 10pm, and dark. The essence of the building was slightly scary, as there were no windows. Dream lightly joked with his brain about how George might be setting him up to kill him right now, but he tried to push that joke away as he couldn't stop thinking about it.

He walked in through the door, having to duck a bit, and wow.

The tree in the middle was in fact "big"... it was also, as some would say, ginormous. It had to be about 100 feet tall, and it was carved out so you could sit inside. Against the walls of the circular figure was bookshelf upon bookshelf, stacked on top of each other with ladders to climb so you would have to walk on top of a bookshelf to get to another one. There was a coffee set at the very top, and chairs scattered all over the place. There were people, but not too many just like George had said. There had to be 30 at the most, and based on the size of the library that was nothing. The building smelled of honey and custard, and the whole aesthetic was a creamy brown color. It was beautiful.

"Dream!"

Oh, but how he knew nothing could be more beautiful than that.

He looked to the left, a small hallway revealing a small man in it's doorway. His face was the first thing dream laid eyes on. He was 3D now, and he wished he knew everything. He wished he knew everything about George. He wished he knew how George liked to be touched and held, so that he could do that for him, because as he stood and stared at this man he realized that this was someone he would die for. He never felt like that before, and he never thought he would.

"What are you doing?" The laughter felt heavenly as it traveled across the atmosphere and reached his ears. He decided to stop making a fool out of himself and began to run towards George, closing his eyes as he felt warmth in previously outstretched arms.

They were silent, and Dream could feel George grow stiff for a brief moment. He knew why, this felt right. It felt so right it should have been a crime. The way that they hit each other's bodies with no interruptions was perfect, and Dream couldn't stop himself from wondering what it would be like for that to happen more often, more intimate, and more loving. Maybe George was thinking the same thing. Maybe he was an idiot, and giving himself false hope when he had literally just gotten here.

Against his liking, he separated from George. He was wearing the black smile hoodie that he had bought. He knew Dream loved it.

However, Dream couldn't focus on that for too long. The amount of times he had unknowingly looked George up and down in less than 5 seconds made George laugh nervously, causing him to speak. "Hi."