INTRODUCTION

Hi everyone, thank you so much for checking this out.

This was first posted on my message board on March 2nd 2021 but I decided to publish it in a book in the hopes that it will reach more people.

Sadly, since then, there has been more hate crimes and incidents against Asians including the Atlanta shootings so I will be going into more detail about that later on.

I'm also going to add additional chapters ASAP with the stats of hate crime/incidents targeted towards Asian people, the victims, the history of anti-Asian hate crime, how you can help, petitions, what to do when experiencing or witnessing hate crime/incidents and a message to my fellow Asians.

All my stats and information have been fact checked and they come from reliable sources.

***

On March 2nd, I posted this:

TRIGGER WARNING: RACISM, VIOLENCE, VERBAL AND PHYSICAL ASSAULT.

I need to speak up about this because staying silent is almost as bad as allowing this to happen. It has taken so long for me to use my platform to tell you about this but what happened with BTS and that German radio presenter has given me courage to speak out. BTS did a cover of a Coldplay song and a radio presenter played it and on air he compared them to coronavirus, hoped that there would be a vaccine for them soon and said that they should spend 20 years in North Korea as a punishment. When got called out for it, he said it was a joke.

RACISM IS NEVER A JOKE.

My family are East Asian and I want to let you know of the impact COVID-19 has had on the Asian community across the world.

Since the start of the pandemic, there was been an astronomical increase in the number of hate crimes targeted towards Asians.

A Thai grandad was killed.

A woman was attacked and her clothes were set on fire.

A man had his face slashed on a subway.

In Atlanta, six Asians were murdered. The police said the attacker was having a bad day.

These are just four out of thousands of cruel crimes committed against Asians.

This has to stop NOW. Sadly, for many, it is too late. The physical and mental scars will run deep. They say time heals all wounds but some wounds will never heal.

There has also been a sharp rise in anti-Asian forums. I haven't been on any because I don't want to put myself through that. I don't want to read hate comments attacking my heritage. I don't want to let them break me. I just want to tell you this: anyone can write anything and many people will be ignorant enough to believe it. Lies, rumours and misinformation are what fools thrive on. Don't be that fool. Fact check your information from a reliable source because fake news and propoganda is running rampant.

This brings me onto the next topic. I want to make this clear. The Chinese Communist Party (CCP) DOES NOT equal Chinese citizens living within China and Chinese people living abroad. The aims of a government does not always represent the wishes of the people. In fact, many Chinese citizens are critical of the CCP. So NEVER take out your anger and hatred on an innocent Asian just going about their business because you might be too ignorant to realise this but your words will knock them down and scar them.

Stop finding a scapegoat.

This virus could have originated anywhere.In the future as the human population increases, new strains of viruses will only become more common and wherever it originates from DO NOT attack people living in that country or people who's roots lie in that country because they are innocent.

They are citizens. They have all suffered just like you. They have been affected just like you.

This pandemic has shone a light on the racial injustice faced by Asians. Xenophobia and racism is faced daily by us. We are seen as foreigners and now we are seen as a virus. Racism against Asians seem to be normalised. In primary school, kids would make "jokes" about my appearance my culture and my language. I am sick of people saying we all look the same.

I am sick of people saying "ni hao" or "konichiwa" to me in the street- daring to assume the country where my roots lie. I am sick of people thinking I eat dogs. I am sick of people thinking I eat bats. I am sick of people thinking I am a virus. But most of all, I am sick of racism against Asians being normalised.

Everytime I go outside I wonder if I am going to get racially attacked. Everytime I pass someone in the street I wonder if they are going to hurl derogatory insults at me. No one should ever think those thoughts.

It's saddening and disappointing his these attacks against Asians have gotten almost no media coverage. And when there is there are always people in the comments saying stuff like this and I quote:

"They deserve it."

"They deserve it for f*cking up the world."

"Shut up batsh*t eater."

"It's okay to be racist to Chinese people."

" "Stop Asian Hate" well maybe we would if you stop eating weird stuff like dogs and cats and bats. "

I'm not going to be forgetting those comments.

Asians are not a virus. Racism is.

Staying silent is almost as bad as allowing this to happen.

Sometimes, I feel like the whole world is against me.

***

This is a summary of what this book will be about. I'm going to be going into more detail in the coming chapters. I'm also going to add additional chapters ASAP with the stats of hate crime/incidents targeted towards Asian people, the victims, the history of anit-Asian hate crime, how you can help, petitions, what to do when experiencing or witnessing hate crime/incidents and a message to my fellow Asians.

Please help me spread the word about this.

Message boads!

Tag a friend!