321-325

Her throat felt like it was on fire and a horrible dizzy spell hit her. Phoenix suddenly recalled a phrase that she came across when she knew nothing about love back then.

That phrase went something like this, "I may have held your hands as we traverse together. I may have touched your heart and done many insane things for you. At the end of the day, I'm the one to feel the sting of tears while you nonchalantly talk about our past as we part ways."

Maybe love is merely a game.

Whoever takes it seriously will always be the loser.

A smile played on Phoenix's lips. She stood alone for quite a while before coming to her senses.

The chatter and laughter of the crowd of gods and fairies were still ongoing from afar. Amid the billowing clouds, every corner that her eyes had landed on was a heavenly sight to behold.

Once again, Phoenix saw that witch who had just ascended to godhood. She smiled and trudged her way back to Buddhism without another word.

Nothing had changed in the Trayastrimsa heaven.

Little Monk ran forward and asked where Phoenix had been. He kept on nagging along the way.

There was no time for Phoenix to shed her tears since the matter of cleansing the Sea of Blood must not be delayed.

Little Monk trailed behind her and spoke in a low voice, "My Lord, Venerable had been looking for you twice. He was asking when you are going to Hell."

Phoenix stretched her hand out to water the Bodhi tree with no intention to pause at all, "I'll go once I finish watering."

"The Emperor had also sent someone to deliver your favorite Osmanthus cake besides asking what vegetarian meal you would like to have tonight." Little Monk lifted the mythical water with all his might. "The Emperor has no idea that you're going to Hell yet, right?"

Phoenix did not bother to answer any of his questions. She hunkered down under the Bodhi tree and watered it quietly. Her face betrayed no emotion.

Little Monk had a nagging suspicion that Lord Phoenix had not heard a word he said.

Just as Little Monk was about to repeat his words, Phoenix finally replied in a flat tone, "I'm not going over to eat."

What does she mean by 'not going over to eat'? Is she not going there anymore?

A hint of confusion was written all over Little Monk's face. Before he managed to figure it out, Phoenix rose to her feet and had her waist-length hair carelessly tied up. It was then the prayer beads wrapped around her wrist turned into a scythe, radiating a threatening vibe. It gave a perfect reflection of her cassock, daunting and vigorous like a raging fire.

Phoenix was undoubtedly beautiful. Her hair was like a cascading waterfall with her snowy white robes spreading out like a water lily in bloom for thousands of years. Deep in her eyes was the flowing elegance and grace, illustrating her unparalleled beauty in the world.

Such a face was not befitting a Buddhism practitioner as it attracted too much attention.

However, Phoenix continued to exist as such that she would never abandon her scythe despite being terribly wounded. The same went for her back that would never bend to others' will.

The stench of rotten flesh permeated the air in the expanse of Hell's Sea of Blood. All magical beings were howling within the sea regardless of the approaching Light of Buddha.

Phoenix stood suspended in the air as the hostile ghosts surrounded her. The large yet magnificent scythe was chiming in the wild wind.

Even so, those slimy evil spirits who liked to take advantage of others could still sense that something was wrong with her.