CHAPTER 9

Adam Pov

"I'm so sorry. I should have been there sooner."

"It's okay big bro. I'm used to it by now." I can see how saddened Andy is when he says this.

"No Andy it's not okay. I'll make sure they get what's going to them." A knock comes on the door.

"Come in"

"Adam she's awake." Doctor Hale states.

I tell Andy to rest easy and that I'll be back to check on him. Right now I need to make sure aria is okay and I'll explain everything she needs to know with what's going on. I got Matt to take care of those fucking footballers as we can't get the police involved. I haven't told her parents yet they still assume she's staying over at her friends home. I see aria silently sob as I walk in and she looks up and I walk to sit next to her then she does something I didn't expect. She hugs me tightly as she cries and I gently rub her back as she lets it all out.

After 10 minutes in the same position she slowly backs away and looks at me.

"Why is this happening to me?" She quietly asks me.

"I'm so sorry this happened to you aria. I've dealt with those fucking asshole don't you worry. And I'll explain everything please just give me a chance to explain." She nods waiting for me to explain.

"Aria I'm not who you think I am. I'm-" I sigh "I'm the leader of the New York city gang. I have many enemies such as the man in the hood. Well he was a customer of mine, a drug addict. I sell drugs and transport them internationally, that man got too addicted and he stopped paying so I stopped giving him drugs. He some how found out about you, I don't know how I'm working on it but that means your in danger. My enemies know about you and your family and friends, I can help you and protect you if you give me a chance please." I practically beg.

"Wow that's not what I was expecting. Am I really in danger? And my mum and dad? How could you do this to me? Why would you do this if you knew it was a threat? And what about Jake and his friends are they part of it too? And Andy, omg is he okay?" She rambles on.

"Easy there, I'll answer all your questions and yes Andy is fine he's recovering in the room down the hall."

"Phew. I'm glad he's alright can I see him?"

"Maybe later. For now you need rest."

"No. I want answers." She's so stubborn.

"Okay fine. What do you want to know?"

"What else is it you exactly do?"

"I sell and transport drugs, weapons and ammunition. I own other businesses too such as nightclubs, restaurants including the diner you work at. Bella is my mother's old friend I wanted to help her out so I bought the place."

"That's very generous of you. I guess being a gang leader means it's all illegal right?"

"Yes. But everything else I do is legal. I actually have a billion dollar company opening next year. Your dad, Tom works at the law firm I own. That's how I know him but anything out of New York City is out of my hands."

"That's why Tom was acting so weird. He hates you, you know that right? Wait why were you there yesterday? Your really sketch."

"I wanted to quickly come see you and drop you off home" Adam simply said.

"You know I can't help this feeling- I don't even know what it is. It's like- I feel something with you Adam and I want to explore it more but I don't want my family or friends in danger."

"I feel the same way aria. Since the first time I saw you I haven't stopped thinking about you, your on my mind constantly and I feel an attraction towards you which I can't explain either. I promise you that your family and friends will be out of danger and protected at all times but please give me a chance I really want to see where this" I wave my hands between the two of us "leads to and we can take it slow. I promise you have my full attention and protection." I finally finish talking and all of a sudden she leans in and gives me a small passionate kiss on the lips. She pulls away with her face blushing and sparks in her eyes.