Introduction

I woke up on a hospital bed. This felt like it was my first time opening my eyes.

Doctor: Hey you, you're finally awake. You were trying to cross the border? Walked right into that imperial ambush,like us and that thief over there.

(Y/N): what? What are you talking about?

Doctor: you really don't have any memories left. You would've laughed at that.

(Y/N): why would I laugh at that? That's not even funny.

Doctor: well, I'm here to tell you that you've lost your memory, and you're gonna stay in this hospital until you regain them.

(Y/N): do you at least know my name?

Doctor: ah yes! It says here that you're 11 years old, and your name is (Y/N).

(Y/N): so, what do I do now?

Doctor: please get into your room. You will get breakfast shortly. It's to the right and at the end of the hall.

(Y/N): thank you!

You went down the hall and entered room 177013.

You walked in and laid on your bed.

You laid down for a bit. Then you started hearing strange noises outside.

You opened the window and saw a strange, monkey like creature.

(Y/N): WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!? I better call the nurse quick! It might hurt me!

The monkey creature tried calming you down so you wouldn't call anyone.

But you still pressed the button.

This monkey seemed intelligent. It started panicking and ran around the room.

While this all happened, you hid under your bed and waited for the nurse to get that thing out.

Nurse: Hello?? Are you okay?

(Y/N): There's a monster here!

Nurse: The infernape?

Nurse: OH! Um, I'm sorry sir! I'll get it out. Oh! And cover your ears. This gets loud.

You covered your ears and didn't look out for about three minutes. You got out from under the bed and got on there again.

This time, you see a remote to your side. You turn on the tv in front of you.

It showed different Pokémon professors from different regions explaining what Pokémon trainers do and how to become one.

However, there was one specific professor that interested you. His name was professor sycamore. He showed off the starter Pokémon that he gave to new trainers on their journey.

You then realize what you saw was a Pokémon, and not a monster.

You were interested in Pokémon as a concept now. You then felt bad after treating the Pokémon as a monster.