A new adventure

It was about 10 left until you began your new adventure and you couldn't be more excited.

You couldn't be happier on your future endeavors. As for Arin...

You looked over to him and he was giving off such a serious vibe, as if he was focusing on something important.

(Y/N):Arin...?

Arin: hm? What's wrong?

(Y/N): is something wrong?

Arin: well, I'm stuck on what I should do now. My original goal was to just rescue you from back there, and to get revenge on the one who made mom turn out the way she did. The mother and child that dad prioritized over us.

(Y/N): what do you plan to do to them?

Arin:...

(Y/N): Arin?

Arin: oh, I'm sorry! I haven't really thought about what I was going to do to them. I just thought about how they ruined our lives.

(Y/N): I'm just being curious, but what's stopping you from doing it now?

Arin: well, I can't just leave you here to fend for yourself. You forgot how the world works. So, I plan to leave you with someone and get the job done.

(Y/N): you know what? You're right. They ruined our family. It's only natural they get punished, right?

Arin: Exactly! Mark my words, they'll get exactly what's coming to them. In due time.

(Y/N): so, about forming my team, I should probably have a team of diverse types so I can reply on type advantages. But which types? There's so many. Maybe I could settle for grass, rock, water, bug, electric, and poison. I can't be sure if I'm actually going to get those, but hey, you can never be sure. I didn't even talk about my opponents. If I remember correctly, the first gym leader has an affinity for bug types.

Arin: i don't even know what you're talking about.

(Y/N): you'd know if you read the Pokémon battling for dummies

Arin: Yeah, I won't be needing that.

(Y/N): what? You won't be a trainer?

Arin: look at you.

He pointed at you

Arin: now look at me.

He pointed at himself.

Arin: Now look at you.

Arin: now look at me.

You did exactly as he asked and looked at him.

Arin: do you think anyone is going to take me seriously as a trainer as this?

Arin turned his head, hiding his face from you.

Arin: it's fine, though. I don't wanna be a trainer anyway.

You looked at your brother, not knowing what to do or say to him. You tried to think of what to do next, but you just stood there, trying to think of what to do next.

You reached out your hand but quickly pulled it back. You didn't want to risk angering him.

Arin turns around and gives you a look. He then quickly turns around.

Then an awkward silence filled the room for a good 5 minutes.

You heard a knocking at the door. You then got off the bed and walked over to the door.

You looked over to see a familiar face.

(Y/N): Darwin!

Darwin: how's it going? I'm sorry for not giving you guys your own room sooner, but I had to constantly clean up Larvitar's messes and-