The Serpentines (Part 2) - Anxceit

Written by Case and edited by both of us

TW: Mentions of scars, mentions of blood, insecurities and low self esteem, mentions of sex, pipes and smoking, robbery, murder

WC: 4015

————————

Yet again, I was alone in the Captain's quarters, my shoulders heavy and my fingernails burying into my palms. It was the first time I had been truly left alone since having boarded the Serpentine's ship and my mind was reeling at the uncanny silence. Captain Deceit had tightly closed the window and locked it (as if I would have been able to fit through it anyway). So any sound of the waves crashing against the hull or the chattering crew mates was drowned out completely.

He - the Captain - didn't want me leaving this room. For how long, I didn't know. Hopefully soon he'll realise drowning me in my own boredom isn't going to work as a brainwashing tactic.

I hugged myself a little, looking at myself in the elegant mirror. I dragged my eyes over my body, though I wasn't really observing myself. More than anything I was lost in thought. I flinched as I met my own eyes, knowing that I might've had a normal childhood, knowing that I probably wouldn't be riddled with metaphorical scars if I didn't have these damn lavender eyes. Why couldn't they have been blue? Or brown? Or black? Or green? Why purple? Roman had said he loved them, but then pinned me to the bed. So that probably wasn't true, he probably just wanted sex. He didn't have to lie to me for it, though. It's just what I was there for.

I sighed, moving on to the actual dress Roman bought me. Aside from the leather vest, it wasn't really form fitting. The skirt was more of an A-line dress than anything, made of silk. The colour was nice, but over the years it had faded. Captain Noble had insisted he bought me a new dress but I really didn't want him to waste his treasure on a dress that only the crew mates and he would see. I still felt good in the dress, but the Tyrian purple was so red-like that all I could see when I looked at myself was the blood of my former Captain, oozing from the fabric and from under my bleeding fingernails. There was nothing I could have done, I struggled to remind myself, but the blood still flowed from my hands. The same blood that coated the deck of the ship that was left to sail, either to sink at seas, crash into a country's beaches or be discovered by some other ship. I pitied the people that would have to find that ship. The smell of rotting flesh and grotesquely mauled corpses will probably haunt their nightmares, as they did mine.

The door unlocking startled me back to reality and I quickly turned towards the door. To no-one's surprise, Captain Deceit strolled in proudly, carrying a bunch of fabric, maybe some clothing? On his face was a lazy smirk, which I'm not proud to say brought a light flush to my face.

He placed it on the bed gently, at a point where I still couldn't see what it was. Damnit. I was tempted to ask, but Roman hated it when I pried and, knowing Captain Deceit, he would loathe it. So I, with difficulty, pulled my eyes away from whatever it was and looked to the side.

Deceit chuckled, catching my attention. "Good job, Kitten. I thought you were going to be nosy."

"What do you mean?" I asked quietly, looking at him now. He just gestured to the fabric.

"I thought you were going to ask dozens of questions about it. Turns out Noble did train you well, after all." I visibly flinched at the mention of Roman, drawing another chuckle from him. "Well, I guess it doesn't really matter anymore. Right, darling?" My fists clenched a little and I was tempted to punch that smirk right off of his stupid handsome face. How dare he mock my dead Captain? Roman was much more kind than he is.

"What is it?" I asked a little too softly. At this point I was barely managing to keep the fire out of my voice. I bet he knew it, too. He was just enjoying how much power and control he had over me.