19| best besties

gus had finished his album just days ago, they left again for tour today. he called it 'come over when you're sober' and everyone agreed it was a masterpiece. over the last few weeks ava got to design merch that would be made and sold on the tour. for gus' own well being he and ava were taking ava's car so he could avoid the bus entirely. ava was proud of him for making that choice on his own, he actually cared. gus had finished helping ava pack up both of their things, he had been way more helpful and productive lately.

"ready?" gus asked, "yep, let's try this again" ava said. they loaded the bags into the trunk and backseat of the car, they only took ava's car for the extra space. "can you tell everybody we're on our way now?" gus asked, "already did" ava said. ava was confident gus would be okay this time, he was making his own choices for his own well being and putting his full effort into sobriety, and as long as he was okay she was okay too.

"are you excited?" ava asked, "very, this is gonna be the biggest one yet. you don't even know what's coming" gus said. he kept saying and implying that he had a big surprise or something big was happening on this tour but ava had absolutely no clue and he wouldn't give her any hints. life had sure changed in almost a year, since the last tour.

it was just over an hour drive to the first location, driving all over the place would definitely be tiring but it would be worth it. at least they could swap who was driving if they got too tired. gus pulled into the parking lot beside the bus that had also just arrived. gus walked around the front of the car to help ava out while the rest of the guys emptied off the bus. it was a really nice spring day in may, really sunny but not too hot or humid. it was ava's birthday at the end of the week, she was happy to give up celebrations for gus to be on tour but she had no clue they all had created a little plan for her.

gus and ava greeted everyone as they crowded in the parking lot, ready enter the venue for the show that started in an hour. ava migrated over to audrey once she noticed her, "hey aves" audrey said, hugging her. "you look super cute by the way" audrey told her, complimenting the white corset style body suit she had on, with a pair of light wash mom jeans over and a pair of black monogram louis vuitton ankle boots that gus had gotten her.

audrey was completely in on ava's birthday, and the other thing gus had been planning. he made it her job to become "best besties" as gus had called it, so she could casually take her places when gus needed her to be somewhere. her and smoke were the only ones who knew, gus didn't want any secrets slipping out to ava before he was ready.

the guys had kept any substance use to in bus only, so gus didn't have to be around it backstage. his sobriety had actually been good for everyone, the overall drug use, drinking and partying had drastically decreased within them since gus got clean.

everyone had started to enter the building, gus and ava hung back for a few minutes as he said he wanted to talk to her. "i know you hate tour, but i promise it'll be better this time. i'm doing this all for you, this time we'll kick ass and have fun together. i wanna be able to enjoy this with you" gus said, he had become symbiotic with ava, so he needed her here and he hoped she could hold on throughout it again. "i know, i believe you. i'm excited this time. it'll be fun and i'm proud of you, i'm happy you can do what you love" ava told him, she knew it wasn't gonna be like last time.

ava and gus noticed a girl, probably fifteen or sixteen with dyed pink and black hair approaching them from the parking lot, gus noticed she had his merch on. "hey" gus smiled, he liked meeting fans "would it be okay if i asked for a picture? i'm a huge fan and i love you and your music" the girl said. "sure thing" gus said, "aves, can you take a picture for us?" gus asked her. "yeah" she said, taking this girls phone. ava took a few pictures, hopefully she liked at least one of them. "thank you so much, this means the world to me" the girl said. "no problem, and thank you. i wouldn't be here without ya" gus told her. "you're really pretty by the way" she told ava, "aw, thank you" ava smiled, she hadn't had much interaction with any of gus' fans but this one seemed super sweet.

ava stood just offstage like she used to last tour, watching gus preform. he had much more energy on stage now, he seemed to be enjoying it more. gus glanced over at her from time to time, giving her a goofy look or a thumbs up or a wave, he just wanted her to know he was still always thinking of her.

gus finished his set, he came off the stage and couldn't stop smiling, "good start for the first show?" ava asked "hell yeah" gus said. ava always accepted the hug from gus at the end of every show, even though he was usually kind of sweaty and gross.

the room filled with good, positive energy as the guys all cheered together for the end of the first show. it was certainly off on the right foot. as long as this level of positivity and excitement carried through it would be a good time for everyone until the end.

a/n
sorry for no updates i am back

also sorry if the spacing in this book is a little fucky, sometimes i type on my laptop and sometimes on my phone so i think that changes it

chapter question: what's ur fav drink? i like water, gatorade or monster energy lol