Chapter 5: In-between Movements

"Right, there you go guys. Please accent the like button; legato the subscribe button, and Go Practice!"

Eddy stood up, extending his arm to turn off the camera. "Nice, that's it done. We can have a day off tomorrow now." Looking around their apartment, "having a day off" have finally done it for them - they now have no more excuses for not cleaning their apartment for 10 days and counting.

Bins, laundry and grocery, plus some general tidying.

"Shall we put some music on while doing housework?"

"How about," Brett beamed out his cutesy evil smile, "Nel cor più non mi sento?"

"Then our shattered self-esteem would stop us from cleaning all together; we'd basically huddle up on the couch contemplating how incompetent we are."

"Let's put on Mahler 2 then, simply because cleaning this place would take ages."

Mahler's No. 2 Symphony is, perhaps, not the most perfect choice for apartment cleaning. It has so much twists and turns even in the first movement. One simply cannot do domestic chores while experiencing musical climaxes one after the other.

"Okay, now it feels like the demon is chasing after us for not cleaning our apartment and the whole world is coming to an end due to our sloppy mistakes," Brett remarked while wiping the table.

Eddy nodded in agreement, quickening his pace of floor sweeping for the cause of preventing an apocalypse, "I guess Mahler 2 was called 'Resurrection' for a reason".

"Now we're in Star Wars and dodging laser beams, pew pew pew," with a mop in hand, Brett jumped around with it as if it was a lightsaber.

(seriously, how old are they?)

They persisted in cleaning while listening to this grandiose symphony, and, in between vigorous headbangs and feigned conducting, they managed to clear out five bags of trash. Meanwhile, the stoves were wiped clean, and so was the tea table and the floor. Putting all their clothes (that's been piling up on the chairs over the week) and beddings into the washing machine, they headed out to the grocery store while letting the machine does its work.

---

Going out wearing face masks during these trying times wasn't safe at all for any Asian-looking faces. Reports of hate crimes and violence appeared on local news only but several weeks ago. Luckily, the public venues were more or less empty ever since the lockdown, including the supermarket.

"Milk, eggs, and butter," Eddy mumbled with a Chopin Liszt at hand while putting more things in the trolley, "fresh vegetables, instant noodles, more rice, fruits, hmmm, maybe a watermelon."

"Hey, we actually filmed that Classical Soundtrack video in this place," Brett suddenly noted when they got around to the vegetable section.

"Yeah," Eddy responded while smiling with nostalgia, "we waltzed Blue Danube carrying veggies. Everyone starred."

They exchanged a knowing smile.

"Woo, we should buy some drinks. It's been ages," walking around the alcohol section, Brett suggested.

"Seriously? I thought bubble tea is enough for you." Knowing how intolerant Brett is for alcohol, Eddy raised an eyebrow in doubt. Though, he still grabbed several bottles of cider, along with a bottle of Russian Standard vodka.

"Right. Now we only need to buy some fizzy drinks, just in case we're ambitious enough to open up that vodka."

---

Two out-of-shape musicians spent a solid three hours in total to get all their groceries back. By the time that they got home, the washing was long done. Dumping all their laundry into the tumble dryer and putting all the groceries away have finally drained these two. After that, they simply spread out on the sofa to recover from the tiredness.