Chapter 4: Prelude to Togetherness

Brett was standing outside when Eddy opened the door. He, as instructed, did wear a face mask and disposable gloves.

"Hey, Eddy!" Brett beamed. He seemed very lively that day.

"Welcome." Eddy stepped outside and helped Brett with his giant suitcase that followed him.

"Whoa, you've cleaned up your apartment!" Brett noticed the change as soon as he stepped in, "where are all your snacks then, since they're no longer scattered on the tea table?"

"Ah, I've relocated them into the cupboard."

Eddy lead Brett to his guest room, where Brett would probably stay semi-indefinitely.

Eddy's place is mostly white, grey and beige. The shutters are white in the living room, yet the colour of the walls and curtains are light beige in the bedrooms. The wooden floor along with all the cupboards and wardrobes are in the shades of darker beige. The couch (and those square things on the wall that are often skewed in the videos) are grey, and so are the quilted bed covers.

Eddy's place has that modern aesthetic, yet it is also tender and somehow reserved.

Brett secretly adores it.

It didn't take too long for Brett to familiarise with Eddy's place again. They've spent so many happy hours here together, filming or otherwise.

Dragging his suitcase into his room, Brett saw a giant world map stretching across the bedroom wall. Large decorative stickers of continents fitting together like a jigsaw puzzle, were pasted onto the wall piece by piece. (It must have taken at least 2 hours to put it up, Brett thought) It is in the shade of light coca, the colour of which matched perfectly with the beige-coloured wall. It wasn't here when Brett last visited.

Brett looked closer, and discovered that Eddy marked every city that he'd been to with tiny sticky dots: Taipei, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Helsinki, London, Munich, Toronto, Vancouver, Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C...

Melbourne, Perth, Sydney, Brisbane.

There are places that Eddy visited without Brett, of course, but fitting them all onto a single map, it feels like TwoSet history on visual display.

So many collective memories throughout the years. Together, they've achieved so much.

Did Eddy feel the same when sticking all the tiny dots onto them?

"When did you get this?" Brett asked absentmindedly, still distracted by how they were always by each other's side after all these times. They don't dwell on their "fame", or, more precisely, they don't even think that they actually have it - but it is pretty unbelievable when they think deeper about how much they've been through.

"Oh, the world map? I got it from Etsy, three day -ish ago," Eddy answered from the living room, "the violin accessories on there are suspicious, but it can be pretty OG when it comes to art."

"Nice," Brett said, dreamily.

"Oh, and," Eddy leaned his head in from the door frame, "I've bought a bag of tapioca and a can of cream, which means that," he looked at Brett with a radiant smile, "if all the takeaway bubble tea stores are closed around our vicinity and/or we're bored, we can make bubble tea for ourselves!"

Uncertain Timesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें