0.1

"Go Seabrook!" A scream ripped through the house.

I groan pulling the covers over my head. Shut up, shut up, shut up.

"Oh yeah!"

"Zed!" I groan, rolling my eyes as I get out of the comfy warm bed. I rub my eye glancing into the dirty mirror as I walk by. Crazy zombie bed hair sticking up everywhere as I walk to my brothers room. "Please shut up."

He grins at me as he pants, pulling old weights up to his chest. "I can't, gotten get my work out in before today. First day of school and football tryouts! You should tryout for cheerleading!"

"I'd rather die again before someone catches me waving around pompoms." I sigh leaning on the door, watching him. "Why are you so excited about this? Their humans. They are probably gonna find a way to get us kicked out."

He sighs, rolling his eyes as he dropped the weights. "So negative."

"Yes I am negative, Zed." I huff softly. "Because I got woken up at 6 in the morning by my twin brother who decided it was the best time to make as much noise as possible!"

I roll my eyes as I hear him chuckle, turning away as I go back to my room.

I open my closet looking at all the dull colored clothing. "What will I wear today..."

I sigh walking through the kitchen, picking up a piece of cauliflower to much on. Woah it totally taste like brains! If brains were a vegetable.

"Hey pumpkin!" I heard dad say behind me.

I smile softly as I turn to himm tilting my head as I watch him try to balance all the cans in his hold. "Whatcha got there?"

"Brains in a can!" He grins proudly. "Made out of cau-"

"Cauliflower." I sigh nodding as I take some cans from him. "Disgusting really."

He chuckles. "You'll learn to love it.. I heard they're making pizza out of it now!"

I nod. "Yum..." I mutter under my breath.

He looks at all the food and sighs softly, glancing behind me frowns a bit. "Oh Zed!" He moves past me but stops a second to pat my shoulder. "Love you kiddo."

"Love you too.." I mutter watching him rush to my brother. I glance around the quiet kitchen. Mmm Zoey.

I smile as I head to my little sister room. Opening the door quietly to see the little zombie still peacefully asleep with an arm over her stuffed dog. "Zoey." I coo.

She squirms but doesn't open her eyes.

I chuckle softly. "If you wake up and go help dad make breakfast I'll steal you a lollipop when I'm at school."

She let out a tiny gasp as her eyes open. "Really?"

I nod making her squeal and hug me. "Thank you!" She grabbed her toy and rushed down stairs.

I smile. "Point Zuri." I grin patting myself on the back. "Kids are so easy."

I walk doen the stairs humming softly, soon shutting up as I hear dad talking.

"I just... I don't know if you should try out... You know humans aren't very fond of zombies. You could get hurt or.. worse."

"Dad relax. They don't like zombies because they haven't met me yet!"

I sigh rolling my eyes as jump the rest if the way. "Come on Zed, or we'll be late!"

Zed nods glancing at me, following me out the door. "Thanks." He mumbles.

"Don't mention it." I smile softly, glancing around the dirty street.

Zed starts to grin mischeviously, looking at me with a playful tint in his eyes.

"Don't." I growl softly, glaring at him as I take a step back.

"Been waiting for this moment. Yeah I'm gonna own it!" Zed starts singing, running into the streets.

"...why is it always singing..." I huff.

I slowly follow after him avoiding all the dancing and all the singing. Why cant we just have normal conversations?

"Now let me introduce you to my friend Eliza!" Zed says staring at no one.

I worry for you brother.

"We'll never be accepted zombies need to rise up!" Eliza sings out as she exits her house. "Fight the good fight stand for what's right!"

I should just walk there... this is giving me a headache.

I frown as I feel Zed put his arm around my shoulders. "Yo Zuri! Come spit a verse!"

"No." I huff shrugging his arm off as I head to leave town. "I'll meet you at school!"

I sigh, standing in the front yard of the school with all the other zombies, watching as Zed bouncing in his spot excitedly.

"Okay let's go!" The gaurd lady says, opening the main door to let us it.

"Guys!" Zed grins looking at me, Eliza and Gonzo. "We're in a real school! No more classes in a dingy basement!"

I smile at his enthusiasm. "Yup! So let's go and enjoy this new prison...i mean school."

We all followed the guards down to the school basement huffing as I stand by the door. "Great."

"You were saying." Eliza grumbles.

I watch as a lady in a baby pink suit stands in the middle of the room fiddling with her hands nervosuly. "I'm principal Lee. W-We are thrilled to be forced to have..." She trails off as she moves away from one of my neighbors, squealing frightefully. "You here... do not leave the basement...and have a great year!" She smiles fakely turning around to leave but screams softly as she sees us standing infront of the door.

I smirk softly, snarling at her, a small growl escaping my throat.

Her eyes widen as she watches, shaking slightly.

"Zuri!" Zed nudges me making me step away from the door to let the principal pass. "Um so I was wondering how I could try out for the football team?" Zed asked.

Principal Lee held back a snicker as she turns to look at him. "Well like I said. You can't leave the basement so.... You can't! Goodbye!" She yells shutting the door as she leaves.

I watch her leave before glancing at a heartbroken Zed.

The teacher sighs starting to go over elementary work. Great...this is fun.

I look over as Zed grabbed my hand, putting his finger to his lips as he slowly and carefully drags me out of the room with him. "Come on!" He yells running the rest of the way to the ground floor of the school.

I laugh, rushing after him. "We're gonna get in so much trouble!"