0.2

"We're gonna get caught." I say smiling as I watch Zed roll around on the floor, acting like a spy.

"No we're not. You know why?" He asked, hiding against a wall as he looks around the corner.

I smile. "Mmm why?"

"Because I am smart and stealthy!" He jumps out from the corner tripping over a potted plant, groaning at the impact of the floor.

I giggle softly helping him up. "Right stealthy."

He grunts in pain, giving me a wince as he rubs his sore back. "Shut up, I didn't see i-"

"Rogue zombie!" A scream was heard behind us, making me jump.

We both look up to see a cheerleader freaking out as she pushed what looked like a fire alarm that was coincidentally placed right by her.

I wince at the loud alarm noise that broke through the once silent school.

"Wait no! It's not! I'm fine!" Zed yells trying to get the girl to calm down.

People rushed out of the classrooms, screaming and trying to dodge us. Some crying, others shouting.

I sigh leaning on a wall to let them pass. "Go ahead. Not like I'm gonna eat you or anything... You know this is stupid you should be running from us not running at us!" I yell to the very intelligent students.

"Zuri come on!" Zed yelled over the screaming. Worry plastered on his face. He grabbed my hand yanking me through the crowd. "They might have tazers."

I frown, trying to keep up with his strides. Stupid tazers, stupid humans, stupid running.

Once we passed most of the students, I slip my hand out of his as I lean down to catch my breath. Man, I got to work out more.

"Hurry up they have to be catching up soon." Zed calls out to me, standing by the end of the hallway to keep an eye out.

I nod, letting out a shaky breath as I look up to see a door across from him that read 'zombie safe room' "Zed!" I yell, opening the door.

He looks over before coming in after me. "We can hide in the corner or something." He says, looking around the room quickly as he pushes me toward the wall.

I sigh heavily, crouching down in the corner behind one of the many bunk beds that cover the room. "This is so offensive.." I whisper under my breath. "They think we're brain dead zombies you can't even think straight enough to read." I mumble to him.

Zed rolls his eyes with a nod, shoving me again. "Yeah I know..now scoot."

"Okay.. okay." I roll my eyes, moving farther into the corner, making room for him.

I jump slightly as I hear the door shut again, quickly looking up at Zed's shadowy figure that's still beside me in panic.

"Zombie safe room secure." A robotic voice spoke out above the room.

"Zed get down here!" I whisper shout to him, pulling on his pants to get his attention.

He looks back at me before ducking down quickly, wincing as he accidentally pushed back against the bed to hard, making it squeak against the floor.

I flinch at the noise, closing my eyes as I silently pray for it to go unnoticed.

"..Hello?" A softer girls voice calls out.

Shoot.

"Hello.." Zed says back, getting back up shakily.

"Oh..hello." She says