Two Meetings at Once

"Come "

A brusque voice said from across the long and narrow corridor. Rising from the ornate, stiff, wing backed chair Catalina approached the woman somewhat warily. The woman had a pinched look about her. A bun pulled so tight that her eyes looked surprised, a casual frown etched into permanance, and a traditional witch hat perched on her head. Catalina tried to reserve her judgement as she followed the woman through the doorway.

On the other side it looked like a scene from a human's office corporation. In the center was a long wooden table surrounded by chairs. A thin table lined the furthest wall to her left. She took note of a coffee pot and trays of what appeared to be buns and biscuits. Across from her was a window with dark gray curtains drawn shut. A large chandelier dripping with crystals was suspended above the table looking too ornate for such a barren and simple room.

There were eight chairs around the table. Five were occupied already. She forced a close lipped smile and a soft nod of acknowledgement, waiting for the witch hat lady to introduce her properly and direct her to a seat. The woman behind her cleared her throat as she stepped around Catalina, her hands clasped together,

"Please welcome our expected guest, Catalina. Catalina, our meeting space is humble to maintain discretion, as I'm sure you understand. Here we have Sirius,"

She reached her hand palm up towards a long haired man with striking gray eyes, who raised his palm and two fingers in acknowledgement. She could tell he was calculating her in the same way she was him. The woman's hand moved to the chair beside him.

"James,"

He was leaning back in his chair casually, palms on the arms of his chair. He gave her a friendly (or was that challenging) grin, his disheveled hair falling over his forehead, glasses a fraction askew over the bridge of his nose.

The woman's hand moved again, "Albus,"

He was an older gentleman, wearing a traditional wizard's hat over his white hair. He had a long white beard that added to his age. A pile of wrapped candies were in a dish beside his folded hands on the table. She would have sworn his bright blue eyes actually twinkled at her as he greeted her.

Witch hat lady's voice cut through Twinkle eyes, "Peter,"

Rolling his shoulders forward the brunette tipped his head to her in acknowledgement. His eyes flicked to hers and away quickly.

"Emmeline,"

The woman pushed her long blonde hair behind her ear with one hand, raising her other in a light wave, while a soft smile graced her face.

"And I am Minerva,"

Pressing her hand to her sternum to face Catalina. Witch hat lady turned then, pulled out the chair nearest to her and sat quickly, like all the wind was blown out of her sails from the introductions.

Catalina gripped the chair beside her and placed herself in it gently, sitting the near edge. It had been awhile since she was in a room full of wizards and witches. She couldn't smell the wolf though. He was her mission and she didn't really fancy the added mystery of seeking him out beyond this makeshift army. She wasn't given all of their names, but she had been filled in on their numbers. Measly, minimal, nothing compared to the death eaters. They had barely a hope in this civil war. Which, she supposed, is why they were seeking outside help. Foolish to trust vampires, but who was Catalina to tell them that, it was common knowledge so they had to know that already. She could practically hear their desperation in the awkward silence and baited breath in the room.

"We are waiting for one more before we will officially begin,"

Minerva, as Catalina now knew her, informed the group. Catalina was certain everyone knew that already and the information was really just for her.