Chapter 37

We arrived at the front door of my flat after our 20 minutes' walk as per his estimation, although it felt like a 5-minute. My heart slowed down in sorrow, knowing that I will enter this flat alone and we will resume to our normal lives the next day like this day meant nothing. But I concealed my emotions and gracefully thanked him for the walk and for looking after me.

"You needed it," he said, with a contentment in his face. "And don't take my father's words by heart. He likes to spook people off. I get that from him."

"I'm not intimidated," I winked.

"Yeah," he bit his bottom lip. "I'll see you when I see you."

"Call me when you get home or somewhere safe," I waved at him.

"I will," he took a few steps backwards and walked away.

I sadly watched his tall figure shrunk when he walked further. But halfway, he stopped and turned around, returning towards my flat. I looked at him, excitement and confusion stirring in my guts as he approached closer, faster in every step.

"Who am I kidding!" he let out a soft groan before heavily grabbing me by the nape.

He pulled my face closer to his, pressing his lips onto mine for a deep kiss. My heart jolted into rapid skips, my senses delighted, my brain tingled with exhilaration. I opened my mouth, letting his tongue reunite with mine. The warm cigarette smoke in his mouth didn't stop me from yearning for more. I finally tasted a perfect kiss that I've longed for.

He thought it was adequate, but it wasn't enough for me, I wanted more. Greedily, I pulled him in for another kiss, passionate this time. My one hand travelled to his nape down to his spine while the other holding the crevasse in between his butt cheeks while pushing them towards me. I felt Nick's breathing intensified in between the kiss as though he struggled to keep up.

Hungrily, I took my tongue out for another visit into his mouth, parting my lips to his for a sensuous rhythmic dance. I sucked the juice out of his mouth before biting down hard on his bottom lip.

Once I'm done tasting the pleasure of his mouth, I released him from my grip and took a step back. Nick looked at me speechless and bewildered. His reaction had made me realise that I might have gone overboard with the kissing.

"Sorry," I apologised for my reckless behaviour.

He shrugged it off. "We were just letting off our steam and it was perfectly normal."

After standing by the frame of the door for a couple of minutes, staring at each other in awkwardness, I was ready to let him leave.