Chapter Nine

Elle
She kissed my hand. That was the only thing on my mind went I went home that night.

She kissed my hand. A small smile formed on my face as I walked up to my door. Cherishing the feeling of the small inner peace I was feeling.

Though of course when I got inside I had to face the wrath of my mother and that small smile along with the little bit of peace of I was feeling was gone within seconds.

"Eleanor Williams! Where in the world have you been?!" She yelled. As usual.

"I was with a friend." I stated blatantly.

"For the past 2 hours?!"

"I lost track of time mom, I'm sorry." I said half heartedly

"Of course you did. Goodness you're so irresponsible. Just go up to your room I can't deal with you right now."

I discreetly rolled my eyes as I quickly headed up to my room. I shut my door and heaved a sigh, heading to the bathroom to shower.

I turned the hot water almost all the way up like always. The boiling hot water burned my skin and turned it a shade of bright red. I relished in the pain. The stinging water getting into my scars making me hiss in pain but also at the same time only making me want more.

Once I had gotten out of the shower my light skin was blotched red as if I had hives.

I grabbed my gauze that I had hidden under my sink, wrapping it around my arms with some burn cream. It should be gone by tomorrow.

I blew out an exhausted breath as I went back into my room. I got dressed into a baggy shirt and some shorts hearing a ding from my phone on my nightstand.

Looking at the notification I saw it was a DM from Billie asking me if I got home safely.

wherearetheavocados hey it's billie. just wanted to check and make sure you got home safe.

ellz.xo Hey, yeah I made it home alright.

wherearetheavocados i'm glad to hear. i also wanted to make sure you were okay? with what happened tonight?

ellz.xo Yeah I'm okay. Um I kinda just wanted to be alone right now if that's alright.

wherearetheavocados of course but before i leave you, i was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow? say around 3?

ellz.xo Really? Why?

wherearetheavocados are we really gonna do this again? just say yes

ellz.xo Fine. But it has to be somewhere quiet.

wherearetheavocados deal. i'll pick you up at 3 :)

I placed the phone down as I lightly smiled to myself. It was a weird feeling. Having someone other than Lexi to talk to.

I hummed in slight content, briefly over my scars before shutting off my light and going to sleep.

-Next Day-

As I stood in front of my mirror looking at myself I started to get a little anxious. I knew it wasn't really a date but I guess deep I actually wanted it to be one.

It took me a solid 15 minutes to decide what I was doing to wear. I went with someone basic, not too much but not too little. Spritzing on a bit of perfume I grabbed my things and headed downstairs.

I grabbed an apple to eat on the way out considering I hadn't eaten anything in a while and a bottle of water.

"And where might you be going young lady?" My mom spat at me.