5

"Are you sure you don't want any medical attention? I would generally advise against that." Amelia urged, but the boy on the ground (who had since gotten unsteadily to his feet) just dismissed the comment.
"I told you already, I'm fine. I don't need any help!" Elmer grumbled, dusting himself off. He didn't look that badly beaten up, though it was hard to tell in the failing light and Amelia still wasn't satisfied. If that person had used a stand on him she needed to keep a close eye out. Make sure he didn't start acting strange.

There was a small cut on his cheek, a slight bruise developing underneath it, along with a scrape on the palm of his left hand. "At least let me give you a couple plasters." Amelia said, pulling the brown backpack off their shoulders and digging inside it for a small first aid kit.
"What I need is my wallet back. Besides from my money it's got all my ID in, and my uni card!" The young man explained, voice rising with frustration. Perhaps if Amelia had gone after the assailant they may have been able to retrieve Elmer's wallet. Though, their conscience told them making sure the victim was okay first was much more important. Besides, they would be long gone by now.

"I'm sure it will turn up. I will take a look around later to see if it was dumped anywhere." Amelia offered before taking the paper backing off of a plaster. "First, let me sort out these cuts."
This time Elmer didn't protest, just sat there a little impatiently as the First Year attended to his injuries in turn.
"What did they look like?" Amelia asked, Elmer inspecting the work on his hand. "Well, pretty sure they were a girl, from the tone of voice." He explained. "I didn't really get a good look though, what with her just attacking me put of the blue like that. Hm, darkish hair I suppose, and dressed in black." He made a disgusted face "Oh and they were wearing this ugly old-fashioned cloak thing."

He twinged slightly as Amelia dabbed some a small cotton ball of antiseptic on the back of his hand. "I was just minding my own business when she completely bumped into me. I apologised even though it was her fault then she just stared at me like a weirdo for a second." The student explained with a roll of his eyes. "I didn't think much of it when she suddenly ran up to me and started saying something but I have no idea what language it was and she was seriously freaking me out so I tried to get away and that was when she started wailing on me."

Amelia got up with a small sigh, a seemingly unprovoked attack? That complicated matters. Not to mention Elmer's description was as good as theirs- pretty much useless.
Apart from the gothic cloak, now that wasn't something you saw everyday. She was trying to consolidate a mental image of the attacker in her mind when something shiny caught her eye.

Sticking out from in between a cracked piece of pavement was a small object. Looking closer Amelia realised what it was. A button.
"I must've ripped that off them in the scuffle." Elmer declared as the other pawed over the item, gold and round, with some kind of engraving on it. It looked a crest of some description. "Like the ones at home." Amelia muttered to themself. It could, of course, just be a pattern of no significance, but what if it wasn't? Either way, this was Amelia's only piece of evidence to fall back on. 'Now I just need to find a black cloak that's missing a button...'

"Well..."
The blonde student quickly pocketed the item as Elmer stuffed his hands into his pockets. "I'm gonna go now...." the boy continued before looking away, somewhat embarrassed. "Thanks...I suppose..." he mumbled. Amelia smiled at him "You're very welcome. Are you sure you don't want me to walk you-"
"-Don't make me regret thanking you. Really I'm fine." Elmer remarked, his whole personality seemingly changing to cool and collected, completely unbothered. The other thought the change was rather amusing but she did not show it. "I'll keep an eye out for your wallet." Amelia explained, packing up their things as the other walked off with a lazy wave.