laff x socks | pool day

request for WhatTheFuckRon SORRY FOR SUCH A LONG WAIT RGHRJRG I HOPE THIS IS GOOD ;;

-- 

Pool day. Laffs least favorite day. It's not that he wasn't interested in hanging out with his friends, but that he didn't know how to swim. He had never learned how to swim when he was younger, as his family never went by pools or to the beach. He had never told anyone in the group about it, though he knew he should have. Yet he had gone to every other pool day they'd had in the past months. His phone's notification sound went off a few times, then he checked it. Two texts from Blaza, one from Woolf.

' YOU WHAGT '

' WAIT SORRY WROBG PERSON '

He broke into laughter at the texts- it was always fun getting the wrong person's texts. Blaza does that a lot. He checked the text from Woolf.

' hey do you mind giving dino and i a ride? '

He texted back a confirmation that he could drive the two, writing a mental note that they were at Woolf's house.

"HEY!!" A voice called behind him, snapping him out of his thoughts with a shriek and causing him to throw his phone in surprise. He whipped around to look at whoever had come into the room, sighing. "Nad!" He started, cutting himself off with a light laugh. "I'll scare you back eventually." Nadwe scoffed, smiling at him. He wore swimwear, two top hats, and two pairs of sunglasses. A black beach bag strap in his hand while the bag itself rested on the ground. "Are you almost ready? Some of the others are already there." He asked, swinging his bag over his shoulder. Laff nodded, picking up his bag after shuffling through it to double-check he had everything.

They had loaded the cooler into the trunk, as well as their bags before starting the drive. As they pulled into the driveway, Woolf and Dino were by the front door chatting until they saw the car. Woolf sped over to the window, his tail waving happily. Before the werewolf had the chance to start a conversation, Dino had already placed their shared bag into the back seat and called to let Woolf know they were ready, Woolf cheerfully hopping into the backseat next to the other. As the car drove off towards the pool, Nadwe leaned over the padding between the front seats, as he was seated in the shotgun seat, chatting with the two in the seats behind him.

When the group arrived at the pool, mostly everyone was there already except Meme's group. Laff looked around the pool area- it was a nice place. There was a diving area, two slides, a smaller slide, and a racing- 

"NOO" Nadwe shrieked, knocking Laff out of his thoughts again. He turned to look at what was happening, only to find Nadwes top hats floating in the water, Nadwe resurfacing from the water quickly, and Muffin standing outside of the pool laughing. Ah. Muffin pushed Nadwe in. Socks was nearby, laughing as well, until he noticed Laff. He approached Laff, smiling and waving a bit. 

"So, Mr. I don't like to go in the pool, planning on actually getting in this time?" Socks asked excitedly, a glint of hope in his eyes. Laff hesitated. He had a soft spot when it came to the spaceman. He wasn't sure why, but he couldn't say no. 

"...Fine, just for you, mate." He said, and Socks cheered in response. Laff couldn't help but smile- Socks was pretty cute. ' Wait, what? ' He shook his head a bit, grabbing Socks' arm and pointing towards the rest of the gang. "Memes group just showed up, finally. We ought to say hello," Socks nodded and grabbed Laffs hand, dragging him towards the others. It caught Laff off guard, but he didn't mind.