𝘌𝘹𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 | Eʀᴇɴ X Rᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ Pᴛ 2

MAJOR SPOILER FOR SEASON 4 EPISODE 14!

Cursing

Using they/them pronouns

Enjoy :)

Everyone's faces had a downcast on them. Eren was to the right of you. Mikasa was on your left, and Armin was across from you.

The blood continued trickling onto the table cloth from Eren's hand.

"I just wanna talk. We don't have to use conflict to solve Eldia's problems," Eren finally breaks the silence. You look up, surprised, not expecting Eren, out of all people, to say this after recent events.

"Hange and the others are fine. We're just moving them." Wait, Eren and his lackeys took Hange and the others? Did this happen while we were just sitting here?

More questions churned around in your mind, but you demanded the first thing on your mind. "Where did you take them? And is their safety guaranteed?"

You scan your eyes over his face, searching his features for an answer. Rather, all he graced you with was a side glance before he looked away, ignoring the question at hand.

What a bitch.

"Eren, we're the ones who wanted to talk to you," Armin mentions peering up at him. You gulped, peeking over at Armin to ensure he still wanted to go through with his plan. Talking it out with Eren seemed a good idea and a solid plan five minutes ago, but the Eren that walked through those double doors was most definitely not the Eren you know and love dearly.

"Yeah, uhh...What made you go out and attack Marley all on your own? I don't think Zeke and Yelena talked you into joining them?" Again there was no response to your question, which gave you the impression that he was blatantly ignoring you. You furrow your eyebrows and follow his gaze to see what he is so absorbed with.

His eyes are trained on your left hand, your fourth finger where your engagement ring sits. The afternoon sun hits the (Jewel of your choice) on your finger. The brilliant rays of sunlight caressed the ring, making it dazzle marvelously.

He thought that you would have taken it off by now after he left you and everyone else for Marley, but as he can see, now that theory was false. The look in your eye at him said a different story.

You looked anguished and distressed, and what hurt him to see the most in your enticing (E/C) eyes were...betrayal.

All because of him.

His childhood friends were sharing similar expressions, making his guilt deepen. He knew what he had to do, but it didn't hurt him any less. Eren knew that the three of you were waiting for an answer to your question.

It's best to get it done and over with was Eren's mindset.

"I am free," your eyes widen imperceptibly at his words. What exactly did he mean by that?

"Huh?" Mikasa and Armin both question each other simultaneously.

"The things I do and the choices I make are all decided by my own free will," His eyes haven't left your hand, almost as if reminding himself of something.

"So your actions after meeting Yelena were all you?" You confirm.

"Yes."

"No, you're being manipulated!" Mikasa snaps. Your head turns to her outburst. Eren's teal eyes finally leave your hand as he looks up ever so slightly at her.

Mikasa takes this as a sign to continue what she was saying before. "You wouldn't get kids and innocents involved, even if they were our enemies! I know you care about us more than anyone, especially (Y/N)! Don't you?" Her voice is full of uncertainty, but you agree wholeheartedly with what she said. You hum in approval.