~The beginning of our end~

"Love is an art, painted by our hearts, entangling our souls forever."

Love is the strongest of feelings that ties a soul to yours. It pushes you to condemn another to yourself in the most euphoric of ways. True love could turn a saint into a sinner, a devil into an angel. An intangible fire that could burn you as fast as it lights your world up.

Flames of hate licked up the roses I once loved. The fire of angst burnt our love to ashes before my eyes as I stood helpless. Blood trickled down my arm as the thorns of the last rose pricked my skin. My heart cried as I burnt the last of the roses he gave me.

This was the beginning of our end.

Warm pages of books, and screens of movies portray a painting of love as the most whole hearted of feelings that acts as a drug to our souls. Love is seized to be blamed every time a heart is broken whilst lovers are portrayed to be the kindest ones to exist. What people misunderstand is that lovers are sinful love isn't.

Love is the purest of emotions that enlaces two souls albeit it doesn't always last forever. He painted my blinded eyes with the truth of what a heart wrenching lie he portrayed. Shards of his betrayal were embedded deep into my heart, while his name remained carved into it's beats.

My heart searched for it's beats as my soul drowned into the sorrows of angst. It was once him that enlaced our broken souls and saved me from the act of drowning. I used to think of him of someone that would never hurt me. But what the fairytales hide is that how much ever you love your prince, he always leaves.

Everyone does.

It was as though he twisted the fairytale into a nightmare. My heart cried as our memories came back to my heart in flashes. He dominated my mind, soul and body. He made me depend on him emotionally and that was my biggest mistake.

He pieced the shards of my broken soul together before shattering me all over again. I used to fathom the idea of our hearts being bound by the string of love.

Nonetheless the string was too fragile.

"I curse you Axel, I curse you to lose the one you love." I say tearing our picture from our cotillion. He had argued his way into being my escort like he always did, since he couldn't bear the thought of someone else with me. The tune of our song for the dance replays in my head as I break another frame.

It didn't matter who it was that I loved with my soul and heart, they always left. Be it my father or Axel. The only person I had now was Frankie, I don't think I'd survive without him.

I lay on the grass as tears drape my face, glaring at the stars and asking why'd they never align in terms of love for me.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

Axel's POV

Hot tears painted my cheeks as my fingers brushed out photo frame. I loathed my father to separate me from the only thing I ever loved. She was my escape, my angel, the only one whom I ever loved. Memories of her came back in flashes through my mind. The last one still wrenches my heart as it would always haunt me.

"Not you too, please don't leave me Axe." She as sobs elicited her lips.

"I don't have a choice Angel, I'll always love you." Tears stained my cheeks as I kissed her forehead and left.

It broke my heart to see my Angel beg, how I wish I could promise her that our love is forever. All I wanted to do in that moment was to crush her against my body and never let her go. She was the only one who truly understood me. Regardless of the history of fights, these 2 years of the love we shared in our relationship meant infinity to me. She was the only one who picked up my broken pieces and fixed me when the world seemed to have turned against me.

Regardless, I made a vow to get back the only person I ever loved. As soon as I was certain of her security I would get my Angel back. I had no interest in living in the same house as my father, I do not know how Mum tolerates his wretched behaviour. My childhood was filled with toxic parents who'd let their issues disrupt the mental health of their child. Arabella pulled me out of the darkness that once drowned me.

She enlaced our bruised souls, and led me out of the darkness. She was the bright moon that lit up my dark dreary sky. My angel was the only one who could bring me out of there in the darkest of times. She brought out the best in me, a part of me I might never see again.

Our love was made for movie screens. Heightened emotions of desire, angst and fire.

Swallowing the sorrows of my sobs, I recalled a time from the past where I argumentatively fought against Bella regarding the truth that lied beneath a quote.

"Axe, you cannot win this one. It is the truth for the love of god." She huffed in frustration as we were reading/trespassing in the library at 3 in the morning.

"Seriously Angel?"

I read the quote again 'He left my soul shattered into tiny shards of glass, leaving pieces of me that could never be put together again.'

"This could never be the truth, how could you possibly fathom the idea of your soul shattering to tiny shards just because of a break up." I retorted trying to win our battle.

She twisted in my arms and leaned up to look at me.

"When this," She places a hand on my heart, "loves truly, anything is possible." She said as she stared deep into my orbs.

I stared mesmerised by her beauty, words and eyes, too awestruck to answer her. Up until she waved a hand in my face laughing.

"Axe are you glitching?" she said giggling.

"Alright I'll give you something to laugh at." I said as I started tickling her.

"No- bahahaha Axe-hahahha-" She giggles trying to get away from me, how I love those giggles.

You won Angel, separating from you broke my soul into a million pieces.

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━A/NHi my loves! I'm so excited to write this story, it has a lot of my past buried within it

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━
A/N
Hi my loves! I'm so excited to write this story, it has a lot of my past buried within it. Axel is a monster for others but when it comes to Ara, he's a softie. My poor Ara has been through so much! I hope you all liked the prologue and love the story!

━━━━━━♡♤♡━━━━━━