Chapter 8

TW: Very mild violence and orthodox thinking.

Tom's POV:

"Mom you knew?" Aura asked her.

"Isn't it obvious you came alone completely wet?" Mom said.

On this me and Aura shared a look.

"I heard everything happened in the room. I was bringing coco but listening to your convo it really broke me. Not only you both lied to me showing that it is all well. But actually it was not. All what we saw was just an act. Isn't it? For this world you are couples but for you both you are mere strangers. Tom, is this how you treat your wife whom you even don't consider as yours. Have you seen her truth in her eyes? Have you ever heard and thought from her perspective. And Aura, you always hid it from us. You lied to us just to save your husband but look we found out. And we are really upset cause what you both did was really wrong." She said and I cut her off.

"Where am I wrong in this? I did what was right. With what guarantee have you made her marry me? Do you know her? Do you know her background? Without giving us time you made us to marry each other. At what cost? You knew I never wanted to marry and you knew the reason too. Mom what if she is here only for my money? Dad what if she is here only for living a luxury life leaving her mom-dad in middle class situation?  What if she is a GOLD-DIGGER just like her?" I spoke up loud but cut off by Aura.

"Stop it Tom, it's enough. I am tired now. I can't accept this lame accuse on me now. I already told you it was not me who wished to marry you. I was also on the same page as you were. I never wanted to marry you. Never. But just for your and my family I said yes. I never came here to claim your money as mine or this mansion to be mine. Just give me a small house with enough money to survive with love and I will live. This money, this place, that bed, that room everything is useless without love and respect. I already told you I am not like and never will be like anyone who wants you only for personal benefit. If you would have given me chance I would have loved you a lot. I never hated you but you always blamed me for this marriage. I left my home my friends and my family for you. Now I am afraid that you gonna make me end my career too." She blurted and walked off.

"I never made you CEO of the company to be so selfish Tom. I wish you were never my son." Dad said.

They got up and went in their room. All what they said pierced my heart. He never said this to me. All because of her. Now no more. I went straight to the room and saw her on sitting on bed.

"Thank you so much Ms. Aurora White for making my parents hate me." I said with all disgust I could ever bring out.

"Have you even thought of what you said? You think I am like those girls you dated before? No sorry Thomas but I am not. I never wanted to have fun with your money. Living in this mansion is not what I wanted. Living with love of your life was all I wanted.  I just wanted to love and to be loved." She said as tears continued flowing down her eyes while she walked to me.

"Stop it. There is no love. All you get is heart break." I said holding her arms tight.

"Only if you love....." I just turned and it gave a push which made her fall and her head got hit by the bed corner.

"Hey you ok?" I asked as I saw her head bleeding.

"Don't...don't come close.. Please don't." She said backing away from me.

"Aura, I did not..." I tried to go closer but she started going away from me.

"Please don't hurt me.. I didn't intentionally made your parents say that." She stuttered holding her bleeding head. Why was she so scared? Her eyes were full of fear and haunt.