Chapter 13- The Question

DISCLAIMER: I don't own CSI but needed it for this chapter.

Chapter 13: The Question

So Alison and I have been together nearly a year. I said before that I would propose to Alison on our 1 year anniversary. So for the past week I have been having secret talks with everyone. And I mean everyone. Hotch has really helped me out. He has given me extra lunch breaks to go to jewelers, to talk with the CSI's in New York and to arrange everything I need. So far I have the location, the ring and the reason. I am going to propose to her in New York because she really loves that place.

So I asked Hotch to help me think of a reason to go to New York again. He said he would talk with Mac and see what he could do. I was happy that people were pitching in. Rossi kept giving me tips on what to say when I asked her, because he has been married 3 times. So me Hotch and Rossi were having meetings everyday to try figure out a reason that the two of us could go to New York on our own but for work. And Rossi came up with a brilliant idea. On Alison's first day, she and I were sent to Nevada to do Psych Eval's of some prison guards. Well his plan was we ring up Mac and ask him if we could pretend to do Psych Eval's on the CSI's and the Officers. It was genius.

So I talked to Hotch about when we would go. I also gathered the team, when they sent Alison out on Lunch Duty, that when we get back to act surprised by the fact. I didn't want her to know they knew before her. So I had planned for us to go the day before our anniversary.

So it was the day before we were going and Alison still had no idea we were going. I went to Hotch and told him to tell us today that we were going to New York and why we were going. After I finished with Hotch, he waited a few minutes before coming down and announcing that we were to go to New York and why we were going. I think Morgan played being shocked very well commenting "How come they get to go to New York?? Is it because they are together?" Hotch gave him a look and said "No. It's because they get the job done. Do you remember Alison's first day here? She and Reid did Psych Eval's and got great reviews. They are really good at Psych Eval's and I want them to go. Matter closed!"

I looked at Hotch and Morgan and gave them a thank you smile. So we went home that night and packed what we needed for New York. I didn't mention anything about doing anything for our anniversary, making it seem like I forgot it. She didn't seem to notice. So we got up the next morning and went into work as usual. Alison seemed happier than usual and I got scared that she knew what I was about to do I asked everyone and they said they hadn't said a word. I think she was just happy to be going back to New York.

We said our goodbye's to everyone and headed for the plane. I had everything I needed. I was really excited but tried not to show it because she would know something was up. We would be staying in the Penthouse because it had everything we needed and it meant we didn't have to waste time checking into a hotel and staying in an uncomfortable bed.

 So we arrived in New York, and headed straight for the apartment to drop off our bags and get some Lunch. We landed at 12.00 and weren't scheldualed to start Psych Eval's until 2.00 so we sat down and had some lunch. I only told Mac and Flack about the engagement because I didn't want too many people knowing. So it was time for us to go to the presinct to do our Psych Eval's. We were going to do the CSI's first and then do the officers downstairs.

The Psych Eval's went good, there was nothing wrong with anyone. But I already knew that. The rest of the day was kinda boring. We got everyone done in the first day. So we went out for dinner with all of the CSI's. Tomorrow was our 1 year anniversary. I had something special planned out. Since we didn't get to visit the Opera last time we were here, I wanted to go again. After that I had planned for us to go to a restaurant names La Rivage. It is a really romantic restaurant. I was going to propose to her there.